Chapter Eighteen

"I'm going on another date with Zack tonight," Brooke said. "And oh-so-conveniently, Nattie planned another breakfast outing with the girls tomorrow morning, and we all know what they're going to want to talk about."

As Brooke contemplated whether the amount of makeup on her face was enough or not, there was a knock on the door. She let out a small sigh of relief, picking up her phone and walking over. She took a peek through the peephole, and once she was sure it was Zack, she opened the door.

"Hey!" She greeted, smiling.

He matched her smile. "Wow, you look great."

No matter how many compliments he gave her, Brooke always blushed

No matter how many compliments he gave her, Brooke always blushed. "Thanks..." She exhaled. "So... Where are we going?"

He moved out of the way as she stepped out of the room.

"This probably isn't a surprise to you, but there's not a lot to do in Ohio," Zack informed her. "So, I asked Mike what there was to do in Columbus. Well, he yelled at me and told me he was from Cleveland, not Columbus." Brooke laughed. "So I had to figure everything out on my own."

"I still don't know where we're going," Brooke reminded him, as they both stepped onto the elevator.

"I'm getting there!" He told her, but she just laughed at him. "We're going to a museum. If that's all right..." He suddenly seemed unsure of his date plans, and Brooke took notice.

"It's fine," She told him. "I love museums. Actually, when I was younger, I wanted to work in a museum."

"Really?"

"Yeah." She nodded. They stepped off the elevator. "I didn't even want to do something cool; I wanted to work at the front desk."

Zack laughed. "Why?"

"I honestly have no idea," She replied, shrugging. "I was, like, five at the time, though. A few years later, I realized I wanted to wrestle, so it all turned out okay."

"Well, I'm glad," He said.

They stepped outside.

***

"He took you to a museum?" Nikki asked, scrunching up her nose.

Brie frowned. "I think it's sweet."

"That's because you're a nerd," Nikki told her twin. Brie just shot her a look.

"It is kind of sweet," Nattie said, agreeing with Brie.

"My date last night with Zack was great," Brooke said. "But now I'm eating with Nattie, Eva, and the twins, and Nikki's making it seem like the worst date ever!" She frowned. "But I don't really care what she has to say."

"Yeah, you're right..." Nikki finally relented.

"So, um..." Eva spoke up. They all looked at her. She raised her hand, showing off a new ring, and smiled. "Jonathan proposed!"