Chapter Sixteen

Disclaimer: I own no one but Brooke.  Everyone else belongs to the WWE.

-

"Today, Nattie is dragging me along with her to go eat lunch with Trinity and Ariane." Brooke rolled her eyes. "If I didn't like her, I would have killed her by now." She laughed.

"Come on, Nattie!" Brooke exclaimed. "You're the one who's making me come, and you're going to be the reason we're late!"

"I'm almost done!" Nattie shouted from the bathroom. "Just give me a few more minutes."

Brooke rolled her eyes and sighed. She plopped down on the bed, crossed her arms, and waited for Nattie.

Zack had spent the night with her, and he had managed to leave before Nattie came back. He had texted her a couple of times, making sure she was okay, but they hadn't seen each other since.

After Brooke scrolled through Instagram for a few minutes, Nattie finally emerged from the bathroom.

"Okay, I'm ready," She said.

"Finally!" Brooke exclaimed, standing up.

"Oh, wait, I – "

"Natalie Neidhart, we are leaving right now!" Brooke told her, grabbing her arm and dragging her out of the room.

Nattie laughed. "All right! You can let go of me."

Brooke released Nattie's arm, and the two Divas began walking to their lunch date.

***

Nattie and Brooke made it to the restaurant. Once they got there, they quickly spotted Trinity and Ariane, who were joined by Nikki and Brie. They walked over to the table.

"I didn't know you two were coming!" Nattie exclaimed, smiling at the twins.

"Well, when we heard Trin and Ariane were going to be eating with you two, we knew we had to come so we could hear about Brooke's date!" Nikki explained.

"Ooh, you went on a date?" Trinity asked.

"I knew this was a mistake." Brooke sighed.

"Yes, I did," Brooke replied, rolling her eyes. "I don't know why it's any of your business."

"Who was it with?" Ariane asked.

"Zack Ryder," Nikki replied for her.

"Ooh, girl," Ariane said, looking at Brooke.

"Can we not talk about me?" Brooke pleaded.

"Was it bad?" Brie asked, frowning.

"No!" Brooke sighed. "Do you really want to hear about the date?"

"Yes!" Nikki said.

"Well, here goes nothing."

"Okay, fine," She said. "Zack took me to this really nice restaurant, and then we had ice cream afterward. That's all."

"I'm definitely not telling them about Jace," Brooke said. "What they don't know won't hurt them."

"Aw, that's sweet," Trinity said, smiling.

"What about that guy?" Nattie asked.

"What guy?" Ariane asked.

"The one who showed up while she was out," Nattie said. "He said he wanted to talk to her, so I let him in and he waited in the room."

"Oh, that guy!" Brie exclaimed.

"Looks like I'm telling them about Jace."

"That...was my ex-boyfriend," Brooke explained.