How to get Reads

How go get reads on your fic!!!

1. Know that you are not going to get 100 reads on your first day.

I've been on wattpad for quite some time now and trust me, getting reads isn't easy.

It takes a lot of time. A hella lot of time. If you don't have patience then you can't have a successful fic!

2. Promote, but not too much...

Promote your story in the Fanfiction club in wattpad, or promote it on twitter, tumblr, whatever social network you may have.

DO NOT- spam the clubs with your advertisement because people will think you're an ass and they won't read your story.

DO NOT- ever, ever promote yourself in the comments of someone else's story. That is one of the worst things you can do.

DO- occasionally only... Tell your followers to check out your story. Say it as nice as possible and only do it once for each person. Otherwise you are labelled as a fame whore.

3. Use tags

Use lots and lots of tags on each chapter to get reads. It actually works!

4. Vote trading

Lets just say, if you vote/read trade you will benefit, but know that your story is getting popular not because it is 'good', it's getting popular because you're technically bribing and bartering.

I'm totally against it tbh.

5. Don't update until a certain number of reads.

If you update when your last chapter had zero reads, it's not gonna work out.

6. Use a good cover.

Seriously, people will just skip over you if you don't have a cover. Take a little time to edit a good one that's relevant to your story.