The Plot

Here are some tips for your plot!

1. Be original.

Do not stick to some cliche plot. I'll give you an example- a girl is a 1D fan and she meets them and they fall in love. No. That is very, very cliche. If you want to write that, go ahead... But it's not fun to read. It's the same old story again and again. Think of a plot that you haven't read anywhere before.

Especially if you're writing an AU fanfiction. Make the characters original, like their backgrounds. And and some twists and turns to the plot line. Don't write a story where the reader knows exactly what will happen! It won't be fun to read!

2. Do not rush.

I'll give you an example. One day, a girl meets Harry Styles. He asks her out in two minutes, and a chapter later, they're going on a date.

That's very unrealistic. If you're going to write romance, take it slow. Let the girl/boy get to know the member of One Direction first. Then, let them be friends, then let them go on a date and so on.

If you rush, it will seem sloppy and again, it's no fun to read!

3. Create twists and turns.

If your story is completely fluffy and cute, it's boring!! Sorry to say, but if the plot is nothing but two people falling in love it's no fun!

Throw some obstacles and problems in the way. Add lots and lots of angst! Believe it or not, people actually love angst because although it's frustrating it leaves them hopeful and wanting more.

Add a cheater in your romance tale, add some reason they can't be together, add something that makes it difficult for their relationship or if it's not a romance story then still. Add a twist!

4. Sad scenes.

That's right. Torture your readers! Personally, I love stories that make me cry. You know why? Because the author had the power to make me emotional. Nobody can ever explain it, but people actually love depressing fics.

Add a few sad scenes. If your entire story is depressing and angsty in general, then add a few happy and light hearted scenes! Don't make it all sad or all happy. That tends to not work.

5. Suspense.

End each of your chapters on a note where people want to read on.

Simple enough, eh?