A Greaser Story:Chapter 8

Susie’s POV

Rachel had just started cranking her car when I heard,

“There she is! See her, she’s at the top of the street!” At that point my instincts kicked in and I just started to run. Apparently living a majority of my life on the street did come in handy.

“I should have known better than to try to pass through Soc. territory.” I thought." Especially with that fight coming up tomorrow night." Then my instinct stepped in. “Well right now isn’t the time to be criticizing yourself. Right now you just need to focus on getting away.” From there I just ran, and ran, and ran. I probably ran about half way across town before I stopped and looked back. “Whew,” I said, “There gone.” I then turned around to find a knife pointed straight at my chest.

“Don’t move, and maybe I’ll let you live,’ he said.

Rachel’s POV

It took like what seemed forever before I reached the intersection where Susie had said she was. But when I got there, all I saw was the pay phone still hanging in midair. The first thing that came to mind was to stop and cry. The second thought came from what you would call intuition.

“Just keep going straight, that’s the direction Susie would have run if she were in a hurry.” I then pressed the gas pedal to the floor and speed down the road.

“I’m coming Susie. Don’t worry, I’m coming.”

Susie’s POV

“What do you want form me?” I was actually surprised at how calm yet rebellious I sounded.

“I thought I told you to shut up unless I asked you a question!” With that he delivered a punch to my stomach. It was only thanks to being held up by the other two goons.. excuse me, guys that kept me from doubling over.

“And that’s just the beginning,if you don't cooperate”said the one holding up my left side. At that point I stopped for a moment and thought,

“Rachel, where are you?”    

Rachel’s POV

I was speeding down the road when I saw a young girl walk along the sidewalk. She was lazily dragging her hand along an old fence that was covered in  chipped paint. The wood had been weathered down by years of rain and snow. But the girl is what had caught my attention. She had long brown hair that was tangled around her face. She must have heard the car coming because she turned and looked my way. Her beautiful green eyes were filled fear and she turned to run. Quickly I rolled down my window and shouted,

“Please, just wait minuet.” She stopped looked up and down the street. What she was looking for I had no idea, but whatever it was she didn’t see it. I pulled the car over and turned the ignition off. The moment I stepped out onto the pavement see cried,

“I didn’t tell ANYBODY! I swear!” The look on her face reminded me of a deer caught in the oncoming headlights of a car. She then continued,”Please! Please just don’t hurt me.” She then proceeded to curl into a ball. It took me a minuet to get over the shock of the words that she had nearly screamed at me.

“Tell anybody what,” I asked gently.

“About the girl that you guys got.”

“It must be Susie,” I thought. “But just to make sure, I should double check“Can you tell me what the girl looked like?” The girl who I had realized at this point was not so young shook her head yes very slowly.

“She had long dark black hair, and black eyes.”

“Did the girl have a light brown skin color,” I asked. The girl shook her head yes vigorously And that’s when I knew that there was no doubt that the girl these boys had taken was none other than Susie. “Can you show me where they took her,” I asked. She then looked up at me and said,

“Yes.” What happened after that was all a blur. It was probably thirty seconds and then we were headed down the road back to the center of town.

“I’m coming Sally. Just hold on, I’m coming.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey!!!

So this is a kinda short chapter,I know.  I also know that some of you have voted to your heart’s content, BUT I have three request.

1. The people who haven’t voted on ALL the chapters PLEASE do so.

2. After you have done that PLEASE share this story with your friends.

3. PLEASE send me some feed back. I would like to know what yall think of the story so far. I would also like to know what YOU think that I am doing right while writing this story, and what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for everything you do!!!!

Addicted2reading