A Greaser Story Chapter 3

Walking in, I found an empty, dark, and silent hallway that screamed anything but party. Although, I could hear some of  the music coming from farther ahead.

"You coming?" He asked, noticing I had stopped. I hesitated. "Come on, I won't let anything hurt you." Strangely, I trusted him to protect me and to keep me safe. I grabbed the hand he held out to me and stepped through the door frame. Once I was fully in the house, the door slammed behind me with a loud bang. The sound caused me to jump out of my skin. (I had never liked loud noises.) When I turned around, all that I could see was darkness. (Another thing that I had never liked.) It was then that I noticed the ice cold air hitting my hand and realized that Troy wasn't holding it any more.

"Troy?" I whispered into the inky black darkness. “Troy.” I called, this time a little louder, hearing only the echoing sound of my voice as it disappeared. I checked my watch, barely able to read it as my eyes adjusted, it said 7:45pm. "Troy, this isn't funny.” I paused, my fear level beginning to rise. “Please, just come out and show yourself."  When he didn't appear or answer I decided to try walking. As I walked I dragged my hand along the wall like I had been taught and began to count the doors mentally."One, two, three..."

"BOO!!" I didn't even hear myself scream before the obsidian darkness overcame me.

***

"Rachel, Rachel are you okay? Rachel, answer me please."   

"Huh....."  

"Oh, my gosh. Rachel tell me, does anything hurt, are you seeing or hearing things?" My vision was still fuzzy and my head hurt like crap, but I managed to get out.

"Just my head, and the only thing I hear is music."  

"Oh thank goodness. You didn't hit your head that hard. The music you hear is the party going on upstairs." The stars and birds cleared from my vision one by one until I could see Troy leaning over me. Somehow we had moved from the opaque and cold hallway to a slightly brighter room.

“Oh, so we are still at the party?" I asked, fully regaining my consciousness. (Or so I thought.)

"Yeah. Gosh Rachel, after you blacked out I freaked. Some of the people from the party heard me yelling at you, trying to wake you. It didn’t take them long to find us. Then they helped me get you on the couch. I didn't mean to scare you that bad, I thought that I had killed you!" The concern in his deep blue eyes ran straight to his core. (Who knew he had a sweet side.)

"It’s o.k... I’m fine. By the way, what time is it?" I asked.

"8:47." a  male voice answered in the background.

"Holy crap!” I got into a sitting position and the pounding resumed. From there I tried to stand to my feet, even though my legs felt like jello. I managed to stand for a few seconds before my body gave out and I collapsed. Troy caught me before I hit the ground and helped me sit back on the couch.  

"Rachel, I don't think you should try to stand for a couple more minutes, you might have a concussion. I could take you to hospital, or if you don’t want to go there I could drop you off at your house."  

"No, I'll be fine. Just give me a minute to get my bearings, and then we can go up to the party." I said, not wanting to be the party pooper.

"You still want to go?"  

"Of course! I’m fine now and ready to go.”

“O.k. We can go upstairs but first, I want you to sit here for a minute and drink something. Agreed?”

“Agreed.”  

“Good." He quickly handed me a glass of water and an ibuprofen, so I didn't have time to change my mind.

Swigging down the water, I dropped the pill in my mouth and swallowed.

“There, all better, see?” I said, standing to my feet and this time managing to stay there.

“Alright…” Troy commented, still fixing me with a look of concern. “Let’s go.”

***

By the time we left the party it was nearing midnight. I had a slight headache, partly from the loud music, and partly from my fall.

“So,” Troy began. "How was your first party in Nowhere?”

“That..that.. that was definitely one of the best parties I have ever been to.”

“Well, I’m glad you enjoyed it.” He opened the door for me and I slid into the passenger seat while he walked around to the driver’s side. After he started the car, I laid my head back, my eyes feeling heavy, and fell asleep.

***

“Rachel...Rachel...”  I awoke to Troy gently shaking my shoulders.

“Hey Troy, what’s up?” I asked, still half asleep.

“We’re at your house.”  

“Oh, thanks.” Quietly the two of us walked to my front door. I unlocked the house and sleepily said, "Good night Troy, and thanks for everything.”

“You’re welcome.” I slipped inside my house, then shut and locked the door. Peaking out my front windows, I saw Troy standing by his car door. I waved at him and he waved back before climbing in and driving off. I stood there and watched his car cruise down the street with ease and didn't leave the window until he turned at the corner and I could no longer see him. From there I closed the curtains, pulled on my pjs, and crawled into bed, instantly falling asleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey!  

1. Thank you for reading!!

2. Please vote!

3. Let me know how I’m doing. Whenever you get the chance please just PM me and let me know what you think of the story so far.

Thanks

Addicted2reading