53. A Thanksgiving (Part 17)

Start from the beginning

Adele was breathing in and out and trying to compose herself. She asked "But ... what do you mean you wont be so nice?"

Francesco spoke "You wont be laughing sweetheart next time after I am done punishing you for any reason."

Adele objected "But I am crying right now too. You made me cry with tickling me so much at the same time as making me laugh."

Francesco raised an eyebrow "I could give you a taste now but lets not go there. You don't want to know what's much worse."

Adele spoke "I understand. Can you uncuff me."

Francesco's eyes sparkled " Not yet." He then slowly laid on top of Adele and kept his weight on his hands. He looked into her eyes " Tell me sweetheart. Are you still ready for the wedding date you set on first of January. You must tell me if you want to delay it or have doubts but don't take that ring off to prove it. I have waited ten years to finally put that ring on your finger. At least promise to be mine. I would postpone our wedding if you wish it. All you have to do is ask. I am willing to wait."

Adele bit her lip " I won't postpone it. I took off the ring in objection to how your actions declared to me that you doubted my loyalty. That was what you implied to me. It hurt me. That's why I took off that ring. But now that you are reasonable and won't punish my brother more than you already have, we can carry on as normal. Don't bring it up again Francesco. I have a feeling you will never let me forget this conversation we had."

Francesco spoke " It's only fair sweetheart. You would never let me forget this thanksgiving because you .... pointed to parts of my past that no one else would have pointed for me or rather no one ever dared. You made me realise how much my parents are continuing to influence how I perceive those I love and you made me rethink my decision about your brother. You were right about him ... but .... I can't say I agree with many other issues you brought up. But I hope this is enough for now and the case is closed." He then kissed her forehead gently and pulled away. " I wish I could keep you like this in bed all night on our wedding night. I can think of many things I want to do to you..."

Adele blushed and looked away.

Francesco was content that Adele was reacting to his jokes about their wedding night. That was a sign they were starting to move on from their intense moments. He wanted their relationship to back to how it was before Angelo had pulled that stunt with Ambrogio. Their relationship was on the path to recovery by the looks of it.

Francesco chuckled. He really loved to tease Adele. His comment wasn't for distracting her. He meant it. He leaned close and kissed Adele's cheek " I can't wait for our wedding. The day I have you would be just beautiful and perfect."

Francesco finally got up. He stood up next to bed and freed Adele's wrists from the restraints that tied her to the bed.

Adele got up from the bed while rubbing her wrists " I don't like being tied up Francesco. You can't do it on our wedding night."

Francesco took Adele's hand in his and bent over. He planted a kiss on her engagement ring and looked at Adele " Don't worry. If I ever do that, you would feel nothing but pleasure. You didn't enjoy what I did right now because you weren't meant to. It was punishment. I made sure you felt punished sweetheart. Now lets go. We can get this over with now."

Adele asked "where are we going?"

Francesco spoke" To pick up Angelo and Costanzo for thanksgiving dinner sweetheart. Isn't that what you wanted? You can tell them my decision."

Adele nodded "Thank you."

Francesco held Adele's hand and lead her outside the room. She lead her through corridors towards his office. As he was about to open the door, he saw Arturo coming his way as Antonio was walking one step behind him. He looked very business like. He spoke " May I have a word Francesco?"