Chapter Twenty

When I open my eyes again I see a sky filled with bright shining stars, my breath gets taken away at the view.

"Lovely, isn't it?" A beautiful voice sighs and I look to my left. My mom stands there, her light blond hair flowing gracefully down a silk-satin dress and her golden eyes smiling at me.

I rush forward and hug her with all my might, I breathe in her scent and smell a light whiff of flowers.

"Mom," I breathe into her and she hugs me.

"My beautiful daughter, you've grown up so big." She gushed and I step back to look up at her.

She smiles down at me lovingly and I return it.

"I have so many questions, where to begin." I mutter and she laughs faintly.

"I'm afraid dear, I won't be able to answer any of them. Your time here is brief, your soul still lingers within your body." She explains.

"I won't be able to see you, why must I leave you." I plead and she pets my hair.

"You are to be reborn, every wrong within you I can fix will be pure again." She hums and steps back.

I reach out for her, but my vision shakes and black corrupts it.

I yell out for her, but she stands there with a sad smile on her face. I see another face show up beside her, my father. He smiles at me and I cry out to them, blackness takes over my vision and I get plummeted back to Earth.

Waking up on Clark's couch was very unexpected, my eyes feel heavy as I open them. I hear faint sobs from the bedroom, Clark's sobs and it breaks my heart.

I hiss out as pain hits my body, my arms and legs stiff. I feel like fire is burning my skin and a faint light starts to glow over it, the sounds around me blur out and all I can focus on is the burning heat.

It fades as I hear feet stumble into the living room, something breaks on the floor and I hear Clark rush over to me. His eyes filled with tears as he takes in my open eyes.

"Azul, I though you were-. I thought you were dead," he cries and hugs me tightly against his chest.

I hug him tightly, even as it makes my arms ache.

"Clark, I missed you." I whisper into his shoulder and he strokes my hair.

We stay in the moment, breathing each other's air and finally Clark relaxes against me.

He pulls back, staring into my eyes. They shimmer with happiness and he smiles faintly as he takes note of something.

"Your eyes, they've changed back and along with your hair." He smiles and I push myself up.

Clark helps me stand, leading me to a mirror.

My eyes back to their golden hue, my hair back to its blinding white. My canines still long and sharp, my height still matching Clark's. I look to my hands and see my sharp black talons still there, but I smile as a piece of my old life remains.

All the chips are gone, Luthor and Elliot believe me dead.

I inwardly smile as plans come to mind, Clark helps me into the bed and tells me he is going to get some bandages for my wounds.

As he leaves I plan revenge, I'll see those men burn for what they done. Burn from the flames I died in, they'll curse the day they messed with Azul Cross.