12: Pre-party Selfies

Cadence's P.O.V

The walk home with the rest of the gang was in eventful. The mansion seemed quiet once more. It was obvious people were bored. A little humour would also be nice. Everyone was watching a show on Netflix, and I could feel slight tension when Matthew caught my eye. He really needs to lighten up.

I walked upstairs, the wood floor cold on my feet. The air conditioning was cool and refreshing. A gust of air hit me when I walked into my room shared with the rest of the girls. Andrea had the fan on, thank goodness. The heat was scorching...

As I stood upstairs I did what everyone else was doing. Nothing. Why was L.A so boring? It probably wasn't, I'm just not doing anything exciting. As I pull out my phone, I find myself thinking of Shawn. I wonder what he's up to...

After announcing a following spree on Twitter, I decide to be social and hang around the rest of the group. The movie was over, carter was looking for another movie, while arguing with Aaron about horror and comedy. Connor was asleep, his mouth hanging open. Jake and Shawn were walking through the door. I grin slightly then take a seat beside Matthew, because he moved over to make room for me.

"Guess who just got a chicks number!" Jake beams, elbowing Shawn in the side. I watch as Shawn rolls his eyes, and his cheeks gain colour. It was obvious to everyone, especially me, that Shawn received a girls digits. Yet Matt went along.

"Who?" Matt acted dumbfounded, but under his pretend state, I could tell he was relieved and overjoyed.

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes that's who!" Jake slides over and takes a seat beside Jenn. Shawn remains standing, unaware if he should speak or not. Either way he was too embarrassed.

"Atta' be Shawny," Matthew jokes, "what's her name, where did you meet her?"

Shawn was about to speak when Jake cut him off, "At some instrument store, her name was...uh."

"Sarah," Shawn finally spoke up, keeping his gaze on Matthew.

"Excellent!" Matt smiles, "she sounds like a keeper!"

I find myself rolling my eyes slightly and I quickly hope no one else noticed. Silence soon comes back to the group, besides Carter and Aaron's battle.

"Man this is a very quiet party," Ricky comments, his eyes glued to his phone.

I chuckle and nod slightly, watching the tv.

"Wait," Shawn stands up abruptly, "that's a great idea!" Everyone glances at him confused. "A party, lots of our friends are up in L.A, invite them over!"

"Great idea!" I speak up with excitement. Matt glances up at me with some concern, then looking at Shawn. I saw something in his eyes but I couldn't put a word on it.

"Call everyone fam!" Jake smiles cheekily, "especially Sarah!"

Shawn's cheeks turn red as he glances at his phone in his hands. They looked sweaty.

"O.M.G lets get ready!" Emily squeals, "casual attire okay?okay!" And with that she takes my hand and hauls me upstairs along with the other girls. I wanted to stay down to hear the rest of the conversation the boys were having but oh well.

When we enter the room, I should of expected the comments about Sarah, but I was to stupid to think.

"So," Andrea starts, "Sarah."

"What about Sarah," was the first thing that could come to my mind.

"We all saw you face when she was mentioned, don't even lie," Jenn admits calmly, "you're jealous."

"No I'm not!" I sighed, "when is everyone coming." I grab a new outfit out of my suitcase which was generally casual. I awaited a response and glanced up to see all the girls looking at each other.

"Denial is the biggest hint," Emily whispers to Mahogany. I roll my eyes. A doorbell rings, and that was start of the party. I wondered who the first guest was. Sooner or later music started pumping, it seemed the floor was shaking.

Good thing we are decently far away from civilization, or else we'd definitely get a noise complaint. "Well let's head down," Emily says excitedly, as if our conversation about Sarah didn't happen. Not that I care. Everyone exits the room while I stay behind to quickly change.

Shawn's P.O.V

Everyone was downstairs while I was in the shower. I was nervous to see Sarah again. What if she doesn't like my friends? It would make sense because they can get crazy some times. She seems like a cool collected and nice girl. I don't want to screw up.

Shutting off the hot water, I step out and dry off, putting on my sweatpants afterwards. The room was clouded with steam and I had to wipe the mirror with my hand to see myself. Looking into a mirror was always different ever since I realized who I was. I hear a door open and I just assume it's one of the guys.

But I was wrong.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I hear a females voice and I turn around to see Sarah. She was dressed up nice, yet casually.

"No it's fine," I probably already blew it. But I watched as she glanced down at my mid section and thought otherwise. Thank goodness I went to the gym before the crash.

"Excited for the party?" She smiled, trying to ignore my abs. I nod slightly with a small grin. She shyly took out her phone, "want to take a mirror selfie?"

I glanced at my reflection once again to see most of the steam was gone. I turn back to Sarah and nod. We both pose as she takes the photo. "Alright I'll post this and tag you. "

I grin and give her a hug from behind very gingerly. She doesn't even flinch which calms me yet worries me. Cadence would have-shit no Shawn stop.

"I'll meet you downstairs," she whispers quietly yet not in a shy way. More seductively. Yet not a single butterfly. I watch her leave. The sway in her hips. After the door shuts I let out a sigh. What am I doing...

I change quickly, and start to head down. But just as I open the door I here a loud thunk. "Oh shit!" I exclaim.
__________________________

GUYS SOME ONE HIT ME CAUSE THIS WAS WAYYYYYYY TOO LONG OF A WAIT!!!

I'm so so soso so soo so so so so sorry!!!!!!!

I love you all and you don't deserve the wait! ❤️