O N E

I pranced out of the cafeteria line, holding my tray of a burger and fries, in my hands. I immediately ran to my friends who were sitting at our usual place, on the ground, in a circle outside, tucked away behind a large brick wall. It was like our little escape from the massive crowd of insane teenagers.

I am currently a junior in high school and, despite the fact that it may seem werid, I love going to school. Sure the waking up early thing sucks, but I love getting to see my friends and being surrounded by people my own age. My grades are fairly good and I have no problem talking to new people.

"Hey Bee!" My friend Mitchell calls out to me as I approached them. I smiled and gave him a nod.

"Bee! We were just talking about how you should join photography club, you would fit right in. Don't you think?" My other friend Parker explained.

I sat down and took a large bite of my burger, shrugging my shoulders as a response. I did have to admit that photography was one of my passions, but I didn't know how I felt about other people judging my pictures. The whole concept of art is subjective, to me.

My other two friends, Maddie and Zach, agreed that I should join the club. "I don't know guys," I finally said, "I'll have to think about it." I took another bite from my burger.

Maddie scooted closer to me and started talking to me directly, "You look really nice today, I'm sure that you know who will notice you today!" I laughed at her words, placing my lunch back down on the tray.

"I don't think that will happen. It hasn't happened all year, what makes you think it will happen today?" I sighed, running my fingers through my long light brown hair.

"Oh come on, Bee! At least have some hope. You're gorgeous inside and out, and you're blind if you can't see that." Maddie smiled.

I smiled back, blushing slightly. "You're too kind, this is why I love you." We both laughed.

Mitchell looked at his phone. "Oh crap, guys. We missed the bell already! We're going to be late to class, c'mon!"

With that, we all got up and ran towards our classes, going our separate ways. I was not prepared to get all sweaty and out of breath. Especially when my next class is when I sit next to him.

---

Hello! I'm so excited for this new story! I promise that the next chapters won't be this short though. :)
Just to clarify, Mitchell is Strauberryjam, Parker is Parker_Games, Zach is Graser10, and Maddie is DulJuice!
I hope you enjoy it and I greatly appreciate any feedback. Okay I'm done. Bye. Ily. ♡