Friendshipversary.

Finally, Friday had rolled around, and with it a burst of excitement. Evie sprung out of bed (after spending half an hour groaning and complaining that she had to be awake) and quickly got ready, before retrieving her gifts for the boys from the top of her wardrobe and quickly making her way downstairs, where she placed the presents on the breakfast bar and started to make eight slices of toast for the four of them. The gifts thing had started on the third year when they had all bought each other cheap, jokey presents: Evie remembers buying George a mouth spray which supposedly gave you good pick up lines to say to girls, she thought it was hilarious. He wasn't too impressed. As funny as their presents were, they had agreed that year that they would actually start buying proper presents for each other, treating it like their own personal Christmas Day. Or some weird conjoined birthday, but they figured a personal Christmas was less weird.
Evie had been looking forward to their friendshipversary for the whole of the week - she ahd even downloaded a countdown app to her phone so she could constantly scream to the boys how many days, hours, minutes and seconds it was until Friday rolled around. The boys started to consider taking her phone and deleting the app, after the fourth time she had deafened them all with her shouting; they were rather fond of their hearing, thank you very much.

On their friendshipversaries, the boys normally got to her house early and the group ate breakfast together, whilst opening the presents they had bought each other. It was kind of a ritual thing that they did, and it was one of Evie's favourite things in the world. What could be better than opening presents from the people you love whilst eating food that you love? Nothing.
The previous year, George had been ill so couldn't make it to the blonde girl's house. Determined that they would continue their ritual (as it was obviously bad luck to break it), the three healthy friends had marched over to the blonde boy's house and sat on his bed whilst eating breakfast and made sure he sat up to open his presents. He was too ill to eat any breakfast, but Evie figured that the whole present thing was enough to not break the ritual.
The blonde snapped out of the memories of last year and a smile worked its way onto her face as she heard the sounds of her front door opening, followed by the whoops and cheers of her three best friends. The three boys sprinted into the kitchen and engulfed the girl into a massive group hug, screaming "HAPPY SIX YEARS EVIE!" Into her ear, causing her to scream it back to them, possibly even louder. Needless to say, they winced and covered their ears.

The three boys reached into their bags and pulled out their presents for each other, placing them on the breakfast bar before dumping their bags and coats on the floor and sitting down in front of the presents labelled with their names. They watched each other open presents whilst eating the toast, and Evie was thanking the heavens that these three boys came into her life, because honestly, she had no idea what she would do without them. They made everything better, even on the days when she felt like nothing could go right and they always stuck by her, no matter what she did. They were some of the best friends anyone could ask for, and somehow the blonde girl was lucky enough to be the fourth member of the group.
With them around, she didn't need anyone else, not even her parents.

"Wow Evie, thanks!" Blake exclaimed, leaning over and hugging her when he'd unwrapped her gift.

"It's fine! Thank you too" she replied, a grin on her face. The green-eyed girl seemed to enjoy people opening her presents for them more than she did opening their presents for her - seeing her best friend's eyes light up when they saw what she had got them made her feel happy, because she knew that she had caused that excitement which glowed on their faces. She wouldn't say it out loud, but she felt like it was one of the ways in which she was paying the boys back for putting up with her and all of the shit she put them through.

When they'd all finished breakfast, they went upstairs and brushed their teeth together, another weird but sentimental ritual they shared. They tried to make each other laugh and ended up dribbling toothpaste everywhere, which was obviously really attractive. Evie ended up changing school jumpers, seeing as hers was stained with a white toothpaste blob, which could have been seen as something else entirely.
Once they were all finally ready, they made their way to school, laughing loudly and bickering playfully as they went, probably waking up most of the people living on the street who had yet to wake from their slumber. The blonde girl couldn't care less, though - this was their day and she fully intended to enjoy every second of it, regardless.