26; APOTHEOSIS

One more taste of your lips just to bring me back to the places we've been and the nights we've had. Because if this is it then at least we could end it right.

▃▃▃

     THE NIGHT IS still long, and the Beast was still wandering around out there. Parrish and Cassandra kept running after the Beast, while Chris and Gerard followed them behind in an SUV. She wants to use her teleportation, but it would only ease herself. Secretly she was listening to her father and grandfather's conversation.

"You knew, didn't you?"

"I wasn't certain, but I suspected." Gerard answered. "Although, it makes sense that Marie-Jeanne's pike would be reforged into something that could appear as innocuous as a cane."

"But will it kill him?"

"You're damn right it will."

Suddenly without her knowing, the moon shining on her and without her desire, teleportation took her to a place. She stopped abruptly, breathless. She looked around, but she didn't see anyone except a person lying on the ground naked. And apparently he was no longer alive. She saw the body from his feet to his head, and she realized that there were two eyes looking intensely at her right now. She brought her head up and noticed Sebastien Valet standing in front of a car, making her a little jerked back.

"Cassandra Argent." He said, slightly smirking. "You found me."

"Where's Mason?" She asked, ignoring his statement.

"Gone." He answered briefly. "How did you do it?"

Cassandra knitted her eyebrows, "Do what?"

"How do you suddenly get here? I do not remember the genes of the Argents have supernatural powers."

She sneered, "You think I'm stupid? I know you've heard about me from the Dread Doctors. I don't have to explain."

Sebastien chuckled, "I am just trying to be nice."

"Well, stop. Because you will never be good." She replied coldly. "You have killed a lot of innocent people. Not to mention you're using my friend's body to return to the living world."

"Said the person who has a monster inside herself." He laughed slyly. "Look, I know the history of the monster who lives in you. Barghest, people in my era called it. The keeper of the Wild Hunt. The Black Hound who also likes to hunt forlorn souls at night. And from there, I can conclude that we do not differ much. You and I have something in common. We like to kill any living thing around us. Just admit it, Cassandra."

"I'm not a murderer."

"Not if the creature wasn't possessed you entirely." Sebastien replied. "Why don't you join me? Our name will be remembered forever. We can be a formidable opponent against them. You and I can be the best of friend after this."

She scoffed, "Yeah, but only as the Beast. I will never betray my family and my best friends for a man like you. I'm not stupid, Sebastien. I know in the end you will kill me to take my power."

"That's interesting. You remind me a lot of my sister, Marie-Jeanne." He walked to the car and went inside. Cassandra followed him as she stood by the door of the car. "Well, I'm looking forward to fight all of you. Just for you to know, I'm not easy to be overthrown. I'm unstoppable. Good luck with that, Barghest."

With that Sebastien drove away, leaving her behind. Yes, she let him go. As much as she wanted to kill him, she can't do it alone. She knows she needs the strength of the Black Hound inside her, but if she takes the power away from it, she will lose control again. And she was pretty sure she wouldn't be back to this world again if that happens. After all, the only thing that can kill him is the pike.