10; THE NEW CREATURE

Sometimes you have to get burned to see the truth.

▃▃▃

     THE NEXT DAY, Cassandra has no desire to go to school. Of course, she skipped school and found herself in the animal clinic with Deaton. Since he know much about supernatural things, so no need to doubt if he became the first person she wanted to meet after her father told the devastating news. She hopes Deaton can help her to find out, even though Allison had already made it clear that their grandfather is the one who knows everything about her. She still decided Gerard is the last option for her to meet.

"Some supernatural dogs such as the Welsh Cŵn Annwn were regarded as benign, but encountering them was still considered a sign of imminent death." Deaton informed.

Cassandra frowned, "So what I'm also a harbinger of death?"

"I'm not sure. What happened to you, such as red eyes and black mist out of your body, not a supernatural thing that often happens. Maybe you're not the actual Doppelgänger, maybe you're just the same as the Hellhound." He replied as he opened a book about ancient supernatural creatures.

"The book says Hellhounds are called The Bearers of Death because they were supposedly created by ancient demons to serve as heralds of death. But, I don't feel like that. When Allison died, I didn't feel anything. I couldn't even predict when someone will die. I'm not like Lydia, let alone a Hellhound." She pointed out.

"Not everyone can be transformed into a Hellhound, Cassie. But if you're one of them, maybe you need a long process to find out what exactly you are. In your case, I can say that there must be someone who can awaken your strength."

Cassandra drowned in confusion. She didn't feel that she is the Doppelgänger of the Hellhound because none of her family became one of that. They all are hunters. The Argent's family is a family of hunters. So, why this is happening only to her? What makes her special? Why Victoria or Chris didn't tell her frankly? But then, she remembers when she, Allison, Scott and Stiles tried to find the location of the Nemeton and would serve as surrogate sacrifices for their parents, she experienced a flashback. Maybe it's not a flashback because she had never experienced that before in her life.

"Do you remember when we were trying to find the location of the Nemeton? The day when me, Allison, Scott and Stiles died?"

"Yes, I remember that. Why?"

"You said that our deaths would supercharge the Nemeton and that will attract supernatural creatures to Beacon Hills. You also said I didn't need an emotional tether to return to the living world, which was true I went back without anyone help." She started.

Deaton knitted his eyebrows but also looks interested, "I'm listening."

"In the end, we related our visions and shared the connections with the location of the Nemeton, right?" She bit her lip before continuing to talk, "But actually what I said to all of you was a lie. I didn't see myself in the car with Allison and my mother. You were right when you said we would be surprised at what we've yet to see because honestly what I saw was beyond my imagination."

"What? So, where did you find yourself? And what did you see?"

"I was standing right in front of the Nemeton. And I saw a guy. At first I thought I didn't know him, but now I know him very well."

Deaton was a little surprised by her sudden confession. He didn't think that Cassandra would keep such important news like this from her best friends and her family. What makes him more confused is why at that time Scott and Isaac didn't know if she was lying? He was impressed with this girl and was also curious about her actual ability.