Chapter 3- Immortality is all i ask.

Começar do início

Together, these have made you unique and different from all other individuals currently in the system. I predict that you will affect the balance that is maintained within the system. Do you understand what I have said?"

Will nodded in acknowledgement and gulped at the overwhelming statements. This 'system' was too vast for him to imagine, but he understood what he had been told.

"Good," continued Modus, "It is impressive that you have remained attentive and seem to understand all that I have said. You were a good choice.

Under normal circumstances, an individual would not be given such power so easily. However, I am willing to allow you to receive all that you requested, including the second class. I will add some restrictions to the sword class, but they will nullify as you level up.

In exchange, I ask for something in return. You must agree to the exchange before I will tell you what it is that I ask. Think carefully. What I ask requires discipline, diligence, and endurance. You will have to forfeit your life to the cause, as it will be risked. -Do you accept?"

Will's eyes gleamed with excitement. He loved grinding in his games. Modus' words resonated within him. Will nodded again.

"Mortal humans are too easy," Modus thought to himself.

"Very well, I will explain how Daoism work within this world's system."

Modus signaled Will to follow him and the two of them walked through the paused world as Modus instructed Will in the ways of Daoism. It felt like an entire day to Will by the time that Modus had finished instructing him. It was as if Will had been stranded without water, and the knowledge that Modus imparted to him was a spring of water that quenched his long lasting thirst for knowledge and understanding. For Modus it was only a drop of water, but to Will, the knowledge and understanding was like a waterfall flowing into an oasis in a desert. It would take Will some time before he fully understood all that Modus explained, but he now had a starting point. When their long conversation drew to a close, Modus left a reluctant Will. Will did not want Modus to leave. He still had much to learn about the system, because Modus didn't explain anything regarding the system to Will. Moreover, Will still didn't know what Modus wanted him to do as his part of their exchange.

Will had already agreed to risk his life for Modus; nonetheless he began to feel some regret not knowing what exactly it was that he had agreed to. Modus understood Will's thoughts, but was not going to reveal his plans to Will at this time.

"When your body has been changed according to your classes; the information about the system will flow into your mind. Be grateful, individuals usually are left to their own devises regarding this. I have decided to help your world, which is why I have shared this with you." said Modus.

Will's stomach sank. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this absurd statement. What should he be grateful for, a dance of death in a game that ensured his end? Will was no fool. Though he was excited about the abilities and knowledge that he was going to receive, he knew that there was a great price to pay.

"Um..." Will was not sure if it would be alright to say something, especially what he wanted to ask. But he summed up the courage and spat it out.

"I am grateful for everything you have done, -but what exactly do you gain out of all of this? I feel hesitant and uncomfortable not knowing what exactly I will be doing everything for."

Modus looked at the young man before him for a moment.

"Well, I suppose I could tell him. After all, he does have much potential." Modus thought to himself.

Beneath his mask, Modus smirked as he snapped his fingers. A woman appeared kneeling between the two of them. He had summoned Adelda. "Sir, I am here, what is it that you command?"