The End

America woke up with crazy bedhead, turning on his side to see his boyfriend sleeping soundly next to him. Taking a moment to think, America zoned out, thinking about where he was and how he got to that very moment. He thought about the years of fighting in comparison to the months of love. He thought about nearly dying in that cold lake, only to be rescued by the love of his life. A few months prior, America never thought he would be sleeping in the same bed as his arch-enemy. Yet, here he was, watching him sleep soundly and thinking about how much he loved him. It's weird how time works. 

Sighing, America zoned back into reality and lifted the covers off of him, heading into the bathroom to take a shower. Turning the hot water on, he made sure to keep quiet for his sleeping Russian. Stepping into the shower, he groaned in pleasure as the burning water hit his skin. America would never admit it, but he was a bit of a masochist. The more the water hurt, the better the shower. 

Halfway through his shower, he heard a knock on the door. Not really wanting any company, America shut the water off and wrapped himself in a towel, opening the door to reveal his drowsy boyfriend. 

"Morning love." Russia spoke, rubbing his eyes with his hands sleepily.

"Good morning!" America responded cheerfully, feeling a tad awkward that he was just standing there with a towel and wet hair. Russia looked down at him and blushed.

"Sorry! I didn't know you were taking a shower." Russia blurted.

"It's okay. I just got out anyway. No biggee." the American responded, chuckling at his bright red boyfriend. He didn't know why he was so embarrassed. It's not like he hadn't seen him with a towel on before. 

"I'm going to take a shower and then I'll meet you downstairs. I want to show you something today." Russia explained, moving out of the doorway so that America cold get back into the bedroom. 

"Okay! Have fun. Make friends." America joked before placing a kiss on his tired boyfriend's cheek. America always laughed at how much Russia hated mornings. They were polar opposites. 

~

As soon as Russia finished his shower he headed downstairs to find America and Latvia engaged in conversation about their trip to Paris. They had gotten back the day before and then England showed up out of the blue, so they never really got the chance to tell Latvia that much about the trip. They were sure France filled him in anyway. America and Russia were both pretty sure he live-tweeted their entire vacation. 

Putting some water on the kettle for his morning tea, Russia looked back at the two and smiled. His life was so much better with the American in the house. Russia could be who he actually wanted to be, Latvia was no longer terrified of him, and overall he was a much happier person.

As soon as he made his tea and grabbed an apple, he sat down with America and Latvia. The two were bonding over oatmeal and cute bunnies on Latvia's phone as Russia sat down.

"Hey Russia! I'm going to go hang out with Estonia and Lithuania today if that is okay with you!" Latvia exclaimed as he slid his phone in his pocket and stood up excitedly. 

"You don't have to ask my permission to hang out with people, I hope you have fun." Russia responded, ruffling the happy teenager's hair as he slipped on his jacket and grabbed his keys. Even the Latvian seemed more at ease with the American in the house. 

"Bye little bud!" America called out as the Latvian opened the front door.

"Bye America! By Russia!" Latvia shouted back, a huge smile on his face. 

"He is adorable." America said as soon as the Latvian exited the house. Russia chuckled and took a sip of his tea, admiring his boyfriend's ocean blue eyes as they lit up in adoration. America tore his eyes away from the door and shoved a scoop of oatmeal into his mouth. 

"As soon as you're done with breakfast we can head out okay?" Russia said, standing up from the table to put his cup of tea in the sink. Throwing his apple core into the trash, he watched his boyfriend finish his oatmeal and wash the bowl. He didn't know why, but watching America do simple household tasks was his favorite thing to do. It reminded him that he didn't need anything to complex to love the American. The simple humming and little dance he bursted out while washing dishes was one of the many quirks that contributed to the large compilation of things that made Russia adore him. As the American finished washing his dish he turned around with a dopey smile and Russia's heart melted. He was so in love.

"Ready to go?" Russia asked, snapping out of his trance as he grabbed his boyfriend's hand. 

"Time for an adventure." America spoke with a wink, smiling as his boyfriend led him outside. It was a beautiful 70 degree day around the house. The birds were chirping and the sun was shining brightly as  they walked across the grass field of Russia's backyard and into the woods. "Oh yikes. I remember these woods." America exclaimed, remembering the time he ran through them and nearly drowned in the lake at the other side. 

"Don't worry. I'm here to save you this time if you fall in." Russia joked, nudging his boyfriend in the ribs playfully. America giggled adorably and they continued walking until they reached the shore of the lake. Sitting down on the grass, the couple admired the reflections cast along the lake. 

"Here, look." Russia said, pointing across the lake to a sea of yellow. The american squinted to stare across the lake and his mouth dropped open as he noticed an ocean of sunflowers. 

"Is that a sunflower field?" he questioned, childlike wonder filling this eyes as he admired the rolling yellow waves.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Russia asked, tilting his head as he looked into the blue pools on America's face. America nodded, silent as he noticed the breathtaking field of flowers. Russia chuckled at the American's starstruck expression.  

"I love you." Russia spoke, wrapping his hand around his boyfriend's wrist and pulling him in for a kiss. Their lips met and this time, everything seemed different. The usual roughness and passion of their touch was gone. This time it was innocent, soft like the touch of a cloud on each other's lips. It felt perfect, like the kiss was meant for that exact moment, sitting next to that exact lake, overlooking the rolling fields of sunflowers in the distance. Pulling away, the American smiled, his face lighting up as a dusty rose color scattered across his cheeks.

"I love you too." he responded, his eyes meeting with the violet of the Russian's. Not wanting to look away, the American explored every inch of the purple eyes he loved so much. The deep plum of ring around the pupil, the specs of lilac around the iris, the veins. The red veins. 

Resting his head on the Russian's shoulder, he wrapped his arm around his boyfriend and smiled. He wouldn't mind staying there forever.

~Fin~

Oh my god it's over. I might cry. It was so incredibly fun writing this book. I've spent 8 months writing this story and it's finally over. That's insane. I just want to thank you all for reading and commenting and voting because you're all amazing. Your comments legit make my day and you're all really funny and super supportive. When I first started writing this story I didn't expect this many people to read it so thank you thank you thank you. The only reason why I even decided to write this book is because there were literally 5 RusAme fics on this website which is really funny but anyway. Thank you so much. You guys are actually so rad. If you want to read any of my other stories feel free to do so (look at me and my self promo)... I do have a RusAme one-shot called "Sweater Weather" if you want to read it ;) ;).... ANYWAY all of this wouldn't be possible without your comments and votes so thank you! You guys motivate me to write so I'm super grateful. Hope you enjoyed. This is super weird. Ending this story makes me feel like I'm sending a child to college this is so strange. I'm ready to switch that "completed" switch on the story settings! Anyway, hopefully I'll see you guys on some of my other stories because you're all great <3 Love you <3 Thank you <3 Bye <3 

~Blue Veins is over what is my life~