Chapter 11. Save Me A Dance

THE ROCKMANTICS - CHAPTER 11

While dress shopping with mom was good, I was dreading about the explanation I had to give Sophia as to why I ditched school. If you know me really, you'll know it wasn't a daily occurrence. Me ditching school was as good as Kevin quitting football or Leo not wearing leather or Lena not squealing after every five sentence or Giselle not rolling eyes after every three minutes or - you get it right? I could easily tell the truth but this was Sophia we are talking about she's not going to take it easy. So I ended up telling her half truth that was out with Leo hunting a hacker. She narrowed her eyes and flipped her hair, which meant 'Whatever, but I believe you'.

We brought the dresses mom had found and they were of same style just different color. I clicked a picture of mine and forwarded it to Giselle, along with message saying, 'It's black all the way gurl.'

After few minutes she sent me a picture of her black dress which was breathtaking, along with 'high-five' emoji.

"I can't believe there are not going to any drinks at fresher's ball," Giselle complained for thirteenth time, sitting in cafeteria with pepperoni pizza in front of her.

It was Friday. The whole school was buzzing with gossips and preparation. Sydney and her gang were on edge getting everything perfect. Rumor was she had already breathe fire on seven students and would pull her hair off any moment. I had yet to see the gym and it's transformation.

"Stop sulking G, it's tradition being followed. No one is legal age yet," Seth reasoned out.

"I can't believe there's no theme to this ball," Sophia dawned the information. "Considering, it is Sydney who is planning the whole thing."

"I'm not complaining. It's a little different from usual and I think it's going to be great," I said.

"Remember girls, you are coming over after school and tell your dates to pick you up from my place," Lena gushed.

We nodded.

"Ashton, you are getting laid then tonight," Kevin said, mischief evident in his eyes. "She has a girly slumber party. Pick out the color which you want on your nails."

Ashton turned red with embarrassment, "Atleast I'm not in friendzone," he shot back.

"Ooooo burn," I said and six set of eyes turned to me. "What?"

"So dense, Queen bee," Seth muttered.

Before I could open my mouth, Giselle stood on our table.

"Attention carb-consuming fellow disciples, it has been brought to my notice that tommorrow's ball is alcohol free and I being the generous girl I am, once a year, would like to invite you and give you a chance to get drunk and get laid."

Everyone whispered about what the whole deal was about. Lena and Sophia shot me a confused look.

"Tommorrow, party at mine at 10," Giselle shouted.

The next thing you know is complete silence from everyone. Giselle is unfiltered and there were teachers lingering in cafeteria who heard her not so subtle way of referring to illegal things.

Taking Kevin's hand I stood up besides Giselle, "You go Giselle."

Cheers and wolf-whistle were heard after Kevin pumped his hand up. I smiled at Giselle and she mouthed, 'Thank you'. One thing was decided tomorrow was going to be one hell of a day.

Not much later we were joined by Daniel, Kiara and Candace - the remaining band members. Seeing them reminded me of how I ditched them and my duties towards the band by running off with Leo.