Chapter 10. That's What He Said

THE ROCKMANTICS - CHAPTER 10

Thankfully the next day rumors weren't out about the bullying that took place. Since the only people who knew about the whole thing were the boys who had to stay home, Axel who didn't show up and the Coach. Kevin, Sophia and I obviously didn't want the whole thing to be published in school's newspaper and kept the matter a secret. But I really hoped that Axel was alright and would show up so we could just make him change his mind about Elite. Hopefully Coach had handled Princi on the situation.

"Ready for lunch date, Rose?" Was obviously the last thing I expected when I exited my Chemistry class.

Leaning on the wall just outside the door was Leo Callum in his all leathery glory.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and started walking towards cafeteria hoping he'd follow.

But this was Leo, the so called bad boy, who accused me of being a stuck-up Princess. He pulled me by arm, so I was facing him and in the process invaded my personal space.

"The only time I show up to school you ask me what I am doing here. Well duh, I came here for you, obviously," he said too close to my ear.

I would have said he whispered the nerve-wracking pickup line but the echo of 'aww' I heard after it begged to differ. If it wasn't clear yet, he was making a scene. Normally I would've gone with the flow but today I was really looking forward to sit with the new band members hoping to get to know them and also if Axel finally showed up just hang out with him.

"Come on I know you want pizza from your favorite place right now," he continued smirk playing on his lips.

"Say yes," the few students who were filming a video about it shouted.

Rolling my eyes I threw my backpack towards him and he obviously held it.

"Let's go."

Dropping a quick text to Sophia, I followed Leo out. It was rather amusing to watch people step aside for us. Leo as usual walked like he owned everything. I could already picture the headline of school's top story 'Queen Bee falling for bad boy's charms'. With the hope of those videos being enough explanation so as to why I ditched my friends and band, I walked out of the school building. Little did I know that I was walking out of my safety zone.

Once we were out in parking lot, Leo dropped the act. He's was still flirty and suggestive but didn't act like he badly wanted to go out with me. One thing clear was I wasn't getting my favorite pizza, I don't even like pizza that much. I was almost tempted to ask him what all this was about, but then I saw his motorcycle and I froze.

"Please don't tell me I've to pick you up and force you to sit. Why are you even afraid of getting on it? It doesn't kill unless you are reckless you know," he groaned. "Come on Rose-"

"You are the one to say reckless," I snorted and climbed behind him.

"I wasn't expecting this you know," he said. "I was almost prepared for you to throw a tantrum about how your princess dress would get dirty if you sat on my bike or I would hear all the driving rules from your good girl as-"

"Just drive before I get off," I spat out, looking around making sure no one saw us.

After he had crossed a fair distance from the school I started hitting his back, "Pull over."

"I'm not even driving that fast," he responded.

"Just pull over!"

"Fine. Jeez, just when I thought you were actually enjoying this you-" he got off looking at me. "Are you scared?"