Chapter 3

Behind the door that Mickey had indicated was a big round room about the size of Malthyal's old house which was surprising enough but the weird thing to Malthyal was that it was underground. There were many people all around him and every single one of them stopped what they were doing to stare at him.

    “I guess you all knew I was coming then?” Malthyal asked nervously.

Nobody said anything they just continued to stare.

    “Come now everyone he is Jonas's son not an alien from another planet.”

Everyone went back to what they were doing but Malthyal was very aware of the fact they were still staring at him. Mickey gestured to a door at the other end of the room.

    “We can talk in there” he said.

So they walked to the other end of the room and Malthyal looked around. He looked and saw that the room was a tavern. He knew because his father would sometimes go in one during the day to do business when they were out. Of course Jonas made Malthyal stay outside because he didn't want his son to be exposed to something like that but Malthyal would always take a peak through a window so he knew what they looked like. Except here there seemed to be no fights or rotten words thrown around it seemed to Malthyal that everyone here was like a close knit family.

They made it to the other side of the room and Mickey produced a solid gold key from the folds of his cloak.

    “Only members of the circle and special guests can enter this door” he said as he inserted the key and turned the lock. The door swung open silently and Malthyal was issued inside quickly and the door was shut behind them just as fast.

    “Don't want to give anyone a chance to get in here” Mickey said.

Malthyal looked around and all he saw was a round table with five chairs around it.

    “What is this room for?” Malthyal asked Mickey.

    “For the circle of the thieves to convene and make choices that will benefit the guild.” Mickey responded.

    “How do you choose who gets to be a part of the circle?” Malthyal asked thinking of all the people he just saw in the main chamber.

    “We choose by how good of a thief you are, the five best in the guild get to sit in these chairs and make the decisions.” Mickey said.

    “Sounds like a lot of responsibility.” Malthyal said admiration in his voice “who could possibly be able to run the whole guild like that?”

    “Well, your father he was the best among us” Mickey replied with a smile.

    “My father?”

    “Yes he was what we call the NightWalker he could sneak into any place and steal anything without being caught.” Mickey said.

    “So that is what he always did at night?” Malthyal asked.

    “Yes”

    “Alright” Malthyal said changing the subject before he started to cry “who else is part of the circle?”

    “Well me for one, I was your father's right hand man” Mickey replied “there is also your two friend’s Johnathan and Lucia and the oldest member of the guild who actually trained your father and many of the rest of us who we know only as Master.”

    “Cool” Malthyal said “when do I get to meet him?”

    “She will be back any minute from training?” Mickey said.