Angel got up and jumped on the bed, grabbing Dahlia's shoulders. "So this means there's hope for us?"

Dahlia giggled and pushed Angel to the side, getting up. "I guess that's so."

Angel jumped up, a bright smile overtaking her face. "Where did you hear this?" She asked.

Dahlia started walking to the door. "Heard it from some of the guys. Now come on!" She opened the door with a swing. "My mom is waiting to take us to the mall, let's go!"

Angel grinned and followed her best friend out the door.

Dahlia's mom took both to the mall and the two headed over to The Mad Hatter where they took a seat upstairs of the coffee shop. It was decorated with the theme of Alice in Wonderland and both of them ordered blueberry tea.

Dahlia's phone buzzed. She picked it up.

"Who's that?" Angel asked, sipping on her tea and licking her lips.

Dahlia quickly typed on her phone and put it face down on the table. "Just my mom," she said, a slight smirk on her face.

Angel added more honey to her tea. "What's with that smirk?" She asked, stirring her cup.

Dahlia bit into a chocolate chip cookie and shook her head. "Mmoffing," she mumbled, dark crumbs around her mouth.

"I wasn't born yesterday, Dahlia," Angel said, crossing her arms and lifting her eyebrows.

"Of course not, you were born today," Dahlia winked.

Angel shook her head, chuckling. "Real witty you are."

Dahlia raised her teacup with complicated botanical patterns on and lifted her pinky. "Indeed so, madam," she said in a posh English accent.

Angel lifted hers with white and silver swirls etched on and lifted her pinky as well. The two clinked their glasses and sipped at their tea, grinning at each other.

After two hours of laughing, chattering and drinking tea, they left to head towards the movies. The two were walking towards the ticket till when Angel heard her name. The voice was familiar and both Angel and Dahlia shared a look before turning around.

Matt Kritzinger came trotting down the passage, his silver braces shiny under the harsh mall lights. He was waving at them, his hair was situated like a mop on top of his head. His skinny body came to a halt in front of the two. "Hi!" He said cheerily. "Happy birthday Angel."

Angel was taken aback. "How'd you know it was my birthday?"

He shrugged and winked over at Dahlia. Dahlia glared fiercely at him. "Oh, word travels fast."

Angel nodded her head and crossed her arms awkwardly. "Um, thanks Matt," she said, giving a little smile in his direction.

Matt pointed towards the movie poster behind the till. "You guys watching 22 Jump Street?"

Angel and Dahlia turned around to stare at the poster and back at Matt. "Yup," Angel said. Dahlia had a hard look on her face and tried avoiding Matt's eyes.