So Whatcha Doing Today?

Alex dropped her phone and shot out of bed. No. This shit had to stop, right now. Earlier, she'd basically admitted defeat and agreed to continue doing what Mitchie said. But now, she had a whole different mindset.

She hadn't even realized she'd fallen asleep and not 'fulfilled' her duty to watch Mitchie. But fuck it, she didn't care right now. These messages were way too creepy.

How did Mitchie know her dad had talked to her at all? Mitchie was spying on her somehow, and she had no idea what way that might be, but damnit she was gonna figure it out. She refused to live like this any longer – to be under Mitchie's control.

She sat on the edge of her bed clutching the sides of her head. But what could she even do? She felt so powerless. She supposed she could ask her parents to buy her a new phone so she could get a new number so Mitchie couldn't text her, although with the way she'd appeared to them lately she didn't think that was a viable option really.

And ultimately, even if she could somehow convince her parents to get her a new phone, it still didn't eliminate whatever method Mitchie had of spying on her.

So what? Was there some kind of camera somewhere? There had to be.

Suddenly, it dawned on her that that might have been what Mitchie was referring to as 'leaving' in her room. But it was impossible! Alex had been with her the whole time when she had been in the room with her. She would have noticed Mitchie putting something like that, whatever that looked like, in her room somewhere.

'You shouldn't leave your phone in the bathroom'

Alex suddenly recalled that first text she'd received from the number.

"I wouldn't go in there for a while if I were you." Mitchie had said, and closed the door behind her upon leaving the bathroom that first day she was in Alex's room. She had been in there for a while, and now... thinking of it, Alex couldn't remember hearing the toilet flush or anything like that. Of course, it was a minute detail that she may have possibly forgotten, but right now it seemed right.

And obviously, Alex's first thought at hearing that wouldn't have been oh, she must have planted a camera in my bathroom. It was smart of Mitchie – if it ended up being true.

She rushed into the bathroom and flicked on the light, and began looking around everywhere. It wasn't a large bathroom at all, so there weren't too many places something like that could have been put.

Listen to me, Alex told herself. Looking in my own bathroom for a what? A spy camera? Have I lost my fucking mind?

"Probably." She answered herself aloud.

But there is no other explanation for how she could have known I left the phone in here, and how she could have possibly heard and/or known my dad and I had a conversation earlier, she thought.

Her intuition for hidden objects wasn't the greatest though. She discovered this after rapidly scanning the bathroom and the shower. Literally nothing seemed out of place.

She picked up the hygiene items off the small sill above the sink which was at the bottom of the mirror, and looked stupidly into the mirror, expecting to find something.

"God I am losing it..." She said aloud again.

She clutched her head and spun around the bathroom, looking at everything once more.

What the fuck? How could something be in here? Everything looked normal!

Alex covered her face and felt like sobbing – partly from being upset at everything and partly because she hadn't gotten much sleep and was still feeling exhausted. But she couldn't go to sleep now. She had to figure something out tonight.