Learn to Have Fun

This process continued for about another week. Alex would watch Mitchie in her room, her back would always face the window. This girl refused to look out of her own window it seemed. It was a little odd, Alex had to admit. But perhaps the times she wasn't watching her in the evenings was when she did face the window. After all, Alex would close the curtains before she went to sleep. It was very possible Mitchie might have closed hers too and just opened them before she woke up.

They were always open in the morning too. Before Alex would leave her room for school she'd see Mitchie walking around her room either in her underwear or in a towel after a shower. It started to worry Alex that Mitchie never once by chance happened to look out of her window when she was watching her. Well... watching might be the wrong word. Alex of course had her own daily routine, she would just occasionally open the curtains and look across the way and see Mitchie. It wasn't like she was perched at the window staring at her or something.

Something else Alex had noticed was that not once in this entire week had she ever seen anyone else besides Mitchie in her room. Her parents sure gave her her privacy, or they were away a lot. Come to think of it, Alex had never even seen her parents' cars in the driveway. But again, she didn't think too much of it. There were a hundred explanations for that, weren't there?

The first times Alex had met Mitchie while taking the trash out at night had been consecutive days. In the past few days she hadn't seen her at all. But again, plenty of reasons for that to have happened.

There was something about Mitchie that Alex couldn't explain. Was alluring the word? She found herself thinking about her during the day while she was at school. It wasn't like in an obsessive way or something, but she did cross her mind rather often. It was almost a relief to get home at night and see Mitchie in her room. She was always taking those back facing pictures to her window it seemed. For not having a boyfriend, she sure took a lot of topless or suggestive pictures. Of course, Alex never saw anything but her bare back and underwear, but she could tell what she was doing.

"Finish your homework, honey?" Her mom peaked her head in one night.

Alex nodded slowly. "Yes mom..." She answered, annoyed.

"Are you okay, Alex? The last few days you've seemed kinda... distant. Anything you want to talk about?"

Why did parents always do this shit? If she wanted to talk, they knew damn well she'd come to them.

"Yes mom, I'm fine. I'm tired though, I'm about to sleep, okay?"

Her mom nodded in defeat. "Yes of course, sweetie. You would let me know if something was-"

"Yes mom! Christ! There's nothing wrong!" She cut her off.

Her mom swallowed. "Oh... okay, Alex. Sorry for being concerned."

"What are you concerned about? I don't understand! Everything is fine! I'm doing my homework, school is fine. I don't know what you want me to say..." Alex trailed off, getting a little perturbed at this conversation now. She hated when her parents would try to guilt trip her.

"Okay... I'm sorry for intruding. Good night, honey."

"Night." Alex answered succinctly.

Her mom closed the door quietly.

God!

Alex covered her face with her hands in frustration, slowly rubbing down her face till they fell to her lap again. She stood up on her bed and pulled the chain to the ceiling fan light, coating her room in darkness. She crawled off the bed to the curtains and parted them slowly.