Isn't Blackmail Fun?

Alex's heart was racing as she read the message. She immediately responded to it.

How did you get this number?

She knew it was Mitchie. Who else would it be? But why was it an unknown number? And more importantly, how in the fuck did she know to send that text right now? Of course, there was a one in a million chance she just guessed, but it was just too perfect.

And if she knew to send it then... how?

Alex went back into her room and flopped down on the bed. This was getting really really weird now.

When the phone buzzed again, she quickly unlocked it to find

Error invalid number. Please resend using a valid 10-digit mobile number or valid short code.

What the fuck?

It took her a moment to understand why that had happened. Obviously, she was trying to text a number that she didn't even know, so of course it wouldn't send. Another minute later, she realized it was impossible to block an unknown number, which made logical sense, but it was definitely scary.

Alex set her phone down and laid down on her bed once again, covering her face.

The idea that Mitchie somehow knew she left her phone in the bathroom was more than a little creepy. Like seriously, how was that even possible? It wasn't some blanket message that could apply to anywhere. She actually said bathroom in the message. It gave Alex chills.

The phone vibrated again, which made her jump. She really didn't want to even pick up her phone to look, but the curiosity got the best of her.

Why haven't you looked through your curtains? Don't wanna watch me anymore?

Well, Alex was fairly sure that Mitchie knew about her watching from her comments earlier today, but this was now definitive proof. How was she supposed to respond to an unknown number when she couldn't send a message back? She guessed that was what Mitchie wanted though, for whatever reason.

You probably should have let me come in your room.

Alex seriously wanted to turn her phone off so she wouldn't get any more messages. How did Mitchie even get her number though? That was the truly scary part. She didn't give it to her, she knew that.

And why was Mitchie doing all of this? Did watching her a few times in her room really warrant all of this? Alex didn't think so.

She left her phone screen on the "conversation" so it didn't vibrate anymore. She just looked at it, wondering what Mitchie would send next, and also hoping she didn't send anything else.

Sweet dreams ;) I'll be thinking of you.

Yeah. Right. Like she was gonna be able to sleep now. Alex had never truly been scared of another girl until now. There was definitely something wrong about Mitchie. It was more than a little unsettling knowing she lived right next door, too.

When she finally did get to sleep later, she had another nightmare.

-

Thankfully, there were no new messages from Mitchie when she woke up. She showered and got ready for school. Thankfully it was Friday.

At breakfast, her parents had something to tell her.

"Alex, your father and I talked about it last night, and we don't think you should continue to be friends with Mitchie." Her mom started.