Disappointment painted his handsome face. “Why? What’s keeping you, Jules?”

He sounded like a desperate child that she wanted to just give him a hug and words of reassurance.

“Zach, I don’t want to live in regrets later on. I don’t want to ruin what we have because of this show. This show will turn our relationship in chaos, you know that. I will have to leave, and when all of this is over, when everything’s still as what they are between you and me, we’ll see then. But for now, I need to go.”

“I understand your point, Jules, but what if you’ll change your mind while you’re out there? What if I can’t find you?”

She smiled. “Then I guess you’ll just have to make a way.”

“What do you mean by that?” he demanded gently.

She shrugged. “Go home, Zach, it’s been a long day.”

“I’m sleeping here.”

“No, of course not. The crew will be coming here tomorrow to pick me up. See you at the ranch,” she smiled, stood up, and came closer to him. She planted a gentle kiss on his cheek and whispered, “I’m glad you told me the truth.”

“Is that a plus point?” he grinned.

She nodded and walked out of the kitchen. “You have to go home. Your car’s probably getting tired of waiting.”

She heard him sigh behind her. “Okay…”

 *****

Later that night, Julianne wondered if she had handled that matter well.

Was it wrong to not have burst in anger when Zach told her the truth about the bet?

But she didn’t feel anger. She felt confusion, and she was once again reminded of what Mr. Astor told her in the ranch. Zach was really still a child. Who would bother going through such a hectic motion of being the freaking Bachelor just for a freaking bet with a friend? A child would do that to prove a point. As an adult, Julianne wasn’t so sure.

And she had No right to be angry. He didn’t know about her when he made the bet. She didn’t know him. It would have been irrational and childish if she nagged about it.

Her mind was in rumble she didn’t know what to think anymore.

You’re such a moron. Didn’t you tell Zach that you have to go? What are you whining about? Leave, wait for him, and if he doesn’t come, go on, her mind scolded.

Yes, that was right. She already told Zach she had to leave. She couldn’t back out now. But she wouldn’t wait. He’d have to go after her because she would be very busy with her tour.

Sleep now, Julianne… she told herself and she did.

 *****

Zach was a bit pissed, really. He was hoping she would change her mind and stay. And as what he had feared, she was still thinking of leaving. Fine, she could go if she wanted. But he was not letting go of her. Liam could go to hell about the consequence whatever the hell it would be.

“What happened?” Liam asked when he jumped out of the car and stormed to the house.

“It’s your freaking fault,” he muttered.

“What did I do?”

“Nothing, just…forget about it,” he snapped and walked to the door. He didn’t want to snap at Liam just because what he wanted couldn’t happen. He had to accept this thing and take it as a challenge.  If Julianne was thinking he would back out of his words about being in love with her, she was wrong and he would prove that.