c h a p t e r ♤ 13

Yoona's POV

"Yoongie? What's wrong?" His face is full of worry as he wraps his arms around me.

I stay silent and pull out of his grasp.

"Yoona?"

I refuse to look at him. I can't be here right now. I feel like I'm suffocating.

Run.

I break off into a sprint, ignoring Sehun's calls and run straight to the dorm without stopping. I ran into my room and shut the door, locking it.

I climb into my bed and take one of my pillows and hug it tight, shutting my eyes close, releasing the tears that were forming.

*earlier that day*

I enter the one class that I didn't share with Sehun, the one at the very end of the day. Well, it wasn't the only class, I'm just exaggerating.

I dropped my things on the table, slumping down in the chair. It was art class and deeply wished I had shared this class with Sehun so I could smear paint on his face.

Our art teacher is pretty chill and basically has spread out a long sheet of paper across the table for us to draw on. I guess it's just a free class this period.

I doodle a bunch of food on the paper, like donuts, french fries, pizza, hamburgers....

Now I'm hungry. Great.

It was getting towards the end of class when my phone starting buzzing in my pocket. I glanced at the teacher. He was busily typing on his computer, so I stepped outside of the class to answer the phone call.

I looked at the caller ID and saw it was my dad. He never calls me though. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and answered the phone call.

"Hello?"

"Yoona-ah," He sobs. "It's your mother."

________________________________

PRESENT TIME

My hugged my pillow tighter, if that was even possible. The tears were streaming down my face quickly as the memory comes back.

"She's been diagnosed with lung cancer. And...it's highly unlikely she will survive. She has...2 months."

I can't, I refuse to believe this! Why?! My mother was perfectly healthy! How could she have gotten cancer?

I sobbed into my pillow. It wasn't fair. I'm only 17. Why does she have to leave me so early?

I collapsed on the ground, trying to take in this information.

"I'll ha-have to ca-call you back, a-appa," I stumble, quickly hanging up.

I hear a knock on my door and I quiet my sobs as best I can.

"Yoona? You in there?" Yuri's voice floats though the door.

"Yeah." I croak out. I hope she can't tell.

"Please open the door. It's just me. Seohyun's hanging with Luhan. Kai and Sehun are at their dorm."

I sniffle, taking a deep breath. I slowly get off my comfortable comforter and stalk my way to the door. I jiggle at the lock and slowly open it, facing the ground.

"Yoona!" Yuri exclaims, wrapping me in a bear hug.

I hug her back, needing some comfort. I really didn't know what to do anymore. I just felt lost.

Yuri released from the hug and pulled me back into my room, locking the door. She dragged me over to my bed and grabbed the box of tissues on my bed stand.

"Can you tell me what happened?" She asks softly.

I refuse to look into her eyes, though I can feel hers boring in the side of my head.

"My mom...she's dying."

Yuri gasps and inches closer to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"She has lung cancer. The doctors caught too late. She has at most 2 months," I breathe out.

"Are you okay?" She asks gently.

"No."

"Everything is going to be alright," She says, rubbing her hand up and down my arm.

"I don't think I can live without her. I mean, I haven't seen her in years, but I still love her so much. I knew she was still there, waiting for me to return. To return to her warm, welcoming arms. But now...it feels like my world is coming down. I didn't even do anything. I didn't visit her often. Only once or twice a year. I didn't show her enough of my love. I'm such a disappointment."

I laugh bitterly. "Maybe this is my punishment for not spending time with her. Her getting taken away from me."

"It's not your fault, Yoona. You were abroad. It would've been hard to travel to Korea and China so often. Financially struggling too." Yuri says. I rest my head on her shoulder.

"I really don't know what I'm going to do, Yuri. I feel really lost."

"Everything will be okay," She repeats. "Just you wait."

________________________________

"Appa, what are we going to do?" I ask through the phone. I hear a sigh on the receiving end.

"I-I don't know, sweetie. I guess, just let your mother spend her last the days how she wants."

"Appa, can I - can I come stay at home for week? Just to be with umma?"

"It's okay with me. I'll have a talk with the school and see what they say."

"Okay. Tell her I love her and that I'm sorry I can be there right now."

"Will do. Good night, princess."

"Goodnight appa."

The the line clicks, letting me now the other line has hung up. I sigh aaynd place my phone done.

How will I tell this to Sehun? I've already told Seohyun and Yuri. Seohyun came back in the midst of Yuri and I's talk. I explained everything to her.

I just don't know how I'll tell this to Sehun. I will admit, I do enjoy his company and he's super sweet, but I don't know if I should tell him about this. After all, our relationship is based of a promise or more like a threat.

Maybe I should just hold off on telling him and tell him when I trust him enough. That sounds like a good plan. I want to tell him, I really do, I just - I don't really know how or why.

It couldn't be because I like him, right?

______________________________

I was in a writing mood today so I ended up writing the next chapter😂 this chapter was very unplanned. I just kinda went with it. Thankfully, it's longer. Yeah, I know there was no SeYoon action but shhhhh, there will be other chapters. Thanks for reading :)

- abbie💕