Fresh Start

Time had some how seemed to fly by, a month had passed since the twins had come home. Elliot and Olivia had settled into a routine that worked for them both, one that included Elliot going back to work. Caring for twins had once felt foreign, but within a weeks time, it had all come natural for Olivia. She had healed properly from her c-section, allowing for her to move back upstairs into her room- their room. She allowed for him to stay in their room, almost finding herself unable to sleep without him next to her.

For once, she had felt like they had gone back to the way they were a year ago. Olivia had felt relieved even, those feelings of angst and resentment towards Elliot had faded away. They had still continued to hold counseling sessions in their home office, satisfied with the benefits of it. Both of them had learned to communicate better, avoiding the many arguments they had gotten into before.

"Elliot, can we talk?" Olivia peeked into his home office.

"Yeah, everything okay?" she sat across from him, freshly showered in only her black silk robe, her hair clipped up. She placed the baby monitor on the desk, making sure the volume was turned up.

"Remember a while back when you asked me about going back to SVU?" he nodded, and she cleared her throat to continue. "I've been thinking about it a lot actually, and I think- I think that I'm going to resign from my position as Lieutenant," he stilled, searching her eyes for sincerity.

"Are you sure? Liv, baby, if you want to keep working we'll figure out a plan that works for everyone. I-"

"Shh," she reached over placing a finger over his lips, the corners of her mouth lifting into a lazy smile. "I want-" she rose from her seat, making her way around his desk, taking a seat across his lap. "to do this. I want to actually see my kids grow up, and be able to make it to soccer games, or come to school field trips. And I want to see you more than a few hours a day," one hand wrapped across his shoulders, while the other caressed the side of his face. They had shown a few signs of affection here and there since that moment at the hospital. But nothing had happened below the belt. He moved cautiously and slowly, caught by surprise.

"Well I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm not ecstatic about you staying home," his voice had dropped, their mouths only millimeters apart, practically breathing the same air.

"I'm not telling you to," she smirked and pecked his lips once, then twice, before deepening the kiss. Olivia had felt confident in each of her movements, making them both fall into sync like they had once been before. Each of her legs moved to the side of his, straddling him, not breaking from their kiss once. He had gripped her waist with one arm, using the other to tug at her chin, coaxing her mouth to open a bit. He claimed dominance, inserting his tongue, moving at a languid pace. The kiss was gentle, and soft, yet made every nerve in her body feel as though it were on fire.

Just as his hand slid up her thigh, finally reaching beneath the silk fabric, a cry escaped from the monitor, killing their mood entirely.

"Timing is everything these days," she breathed out, chuckling a bit as she straightened out her robe. Elliot scrubbed his hand down his face, a bit frustrated but understood the struggles of having a newborn all too well. He helped her to her feet and pulled her close to him, as they walked together towards the nursery.

~

"So you're telling me that you and Elliot finally did the deed?" Casey had stopped by, bringing brunch with her while the children were all at school. Elliot had gone into the office for a few hours, leaving Olivia at home alone.

"No! No, Case we just did a little kissing and heavy touching. No big deal," she sipped from the tea she had made, while she cradled Liam in her right arm.