Chapter 4- Family dinner ✅

Start from the beginning

"They don't hate you David" he says

"Daddy they do. I'm the reason Father's been in prison for the last 15 years and they hate me for it."

He glares at my fiercely. "You are not the reason he's in prison HE is the reason he's in prison" he exclaims.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever I gotta go" I say and leave. I hear him say "You better be at dinner young Man or so help me I'm going to drag you out by your ear."

I walk outside and see Kanton waiting for me "Good morning sir" he says I scowl and nod my head. I sit in the backseat and go through the files I have while we head to the court house. Once we are there I get out and head into the court house. I look at my phone and see I have a text from my dad saying our conversation isn't over and expect a long talk after dinner.

Kanton opens the door for me and I walk in going straight to the elevators. I wait for them to open and when I do I wait for everyone to shuffle out. I walk into the elevator and push the number 16.

"David are you okay?" Kanton asks. I glare "I'm fine"

"I think we should go out this weekend you know maybe loosen you up get you to relax I can call the guys" he says.

I glare at him "Kanton where are we?" I asks. "The courtroom sir" he says. I nod my head "then do me a favor and shut your fucking mouth and do your damn job I don't want to go out with your pathetic friends they don't like me they're your friends not mine why would I want to go out with people who hate me?" I say in an cold voice.

I see the anger in his eyes "My apologies sir It won't happen again" he says as the bell dings. I walk out and head to the judges office

I knock on the door and here a "come in"

I walk in and see Judge Henry. "Ah David how can I help you?" He asks. "New case, I need a search warrant and and arrest warrant" I tell him. "Okay. What's the probable cause?"

"Suspects hair and DNA were found at the scene. The bullets came from the same type of gun that the suspect has, and suspect had GSR on his clothing." I tell the judge.

He nods his head and starts writing the warrants. "Thank you sir" I tell him amd leave his office. I get into the elevator and go down to the main floor. Once there I go outside and head to the SUV.

"Where to next sir?" Kanton asks me. "My office" I say. I sit back and sigh remembering my conversation with Kanton earlier I frown, "Brayden I'm sorry, I don't know why I act like that" I tell him.

"I know exactly why you act like that. You didn't take any of your medicine this morning. David to put this bluntly. I'm tired, tired of the way you treat me and your family. I get it you've had a rough life but that is in no means an excuse for the way you treat us. I am the only goddamn person besides your dad who puts up with you, and let me tell you I'm about this close to going from your best friend to just your employee. You bring everyone around you down and it's tiring. I shouldn't be in a bad mood just because you are. You need to change, because if you don't I promise you'll be alone." He says and starts driving to you office, I frown as tears gather in my eyes. I blink them back and pretend I'm doing something on my phone.

We arrive at my building and I take the private elevator to my office. I see Detective Newton outside my office and I unlock my office and we walk into it.