Chapter Thirty-Eight - Getting to know Reece

"I won't. Never."

23.06.17
00:34

Chapter Thirty-Eight - Getting to know Reece

3rd point

~

"Mr.Roy right?" The doctor asked and Reece immediately stood up. The doctor was about to tell him about the surgery, when Carlos appeared right next to him and nodded.

"The surgery was successful. Everything is fine, only that Ms.Heath needs time to recover, since her stomach lining has been damaged badly. We assume that it got damaged by maybe a sport she makes or it could also be caused by a fall against something hard." He explained and Carlos nodded with a blank expression. Reece on the other hand was on the verge of literally everything.

He was devastated and instantly put the blame on him.

Why didn't he save her?

Why? He asked himself over a trillion times in just a single minute.

"When can we see her?" Carlos asked the doctor and he pursed his lips, before sighing. "I'm actually not allowed to let you see her, but since you've been eagerly waiting for hours, one of you can visit her."

Reece's eyes traveled to the floor.

It wasn't his place to visit her, after all she still had a boyfriend which stood right next to him.

"What are you waiting for?" He then heard Carlos voice and as he looked up saw him nodding out of the waiting room.

Reece heartbeat increased as he imagined himself next to her by only a few inches. He softly nodded and followed the doctor out of the waiting room and towards Cecelia's room.

With every step he took, the guilt got bigger. And at the point where he stood right outside her room, he wanted to back out. It was his fault. He couldn't save her. He wasn't her hero.

He looked back at the doctor and he smiled at him, before walking towards his next patient.

It was all on him now.

Reece took a step inside the room and felt his whole body shaking in fear of seeing her. For even a single second he thought she was dead. She was laying there so still. Only if you really looked, you'd notice the small breaths she took.

He reached out, noticing his hand slightly shaking, he took hers into his, embracing her cold one in his warm one.

Even if he hadn't felt the guilt for a second, suddenly it hit him. Everything at once, and it was so strong, that he immediately let go of her hand and took a large step away from her.

What was he doing!

Face palming himself, he walked out of the room and even crossed Carlos who shot him a confused look in exchange.

He hated himself.

How could he let this happen?

He didn't deserve her one bit. He wasn't her hero. Carlos was. He saved her. He was her hero.
Even if he had love for her so deep, she wasn't supposed to be his. Or at least the time wasn't right. She wasn't free. She had a boyfriend.

He couldn't have her.

H

ow hadn't he noticed what was happening? He let her down. Something Carlos wouldn't do. Never.

He doesn't see deserve a girl like her. How ironic, in one night he found love and the same night he matured and let go.

He let her down, just like his father did to his mother. How could he let this happen?

How could he let himself be a mirror of his father. The man he so much hated?

The hate he still had for his father was out of this world. Only because of him he had to call someone else mother. Only because of him he started abusing material things. It was his fault, and Reece now was his father's mirror.

As he thought about this fact more and more, the hate increased and all the things he had done to his mother came rushing by.

All the nights, his mother had to smell another perfume and pretend it wasn't there, all the nights his mother saw hickeys all over his neck and pretend they weren't there.

All the nights he used the phrase 'I have to work more hours honey...don't wait for me for dinner.' . It was a living hell.

H

e destroyed her, and all Reece did was watch. He didn't realize it. Nor one bit. He destroyed her mentally. And at the end he succeeded.

He got what he wanted.

His father got the score.

All Reece ever wanted to get revenge, for every single night be cheated. For every parfume he smelled, for every kiss he planted and for every woman he fucked.

He eanted to destroy him.

With every night he came home rather covered with hickeys or drunk, he let his anger out on innocent people. With every women, he not only destroyed his mother but him too.

He turned Reece into in this heartless person.

His character was the result of his father's actions.

With every woman the walls he built around himself got higher and scarier. And eventually he only fucked to let his anger out. There was a time where he actually let his walls crumble, but that only resulted in him getting cheated on.

But then he just fucked. And that was it. He never wanted to be in a relationship anymore.

And now he was in love again.

He fucked up badly, only because this bastard couldn't take off his hands from sluts.

Only because of him,

His mother killed herself.