50. A Thanksgiving (Part 14)

Start from the beginning

Adele spoke defensively as she wiped her tears away "Francesco is not like his father. He won't hurt me. Besides, how can we know what Ambrogio said is true? He is Francesco's enemy. You can't trust everything he said."

Angelo nodded and spoke "You are right. I know that. Ambrogio has his own Agenda. He told me he had eyes for you. I don't trust that man and I believe I had a lucky escape from him and he didn't get to use me for his own purposes. But he so me as no threat so he told me so much to think about. That much good came out of my stunt at least. I want you to take this information and think for yourself what is involved in Francesco's world. Ask him yourself about his past, present and his future plans. Find out what he believes in and what has happened in his life. You must know what you are letting yourself into. But I have a feeling what Ambrogio told me can't be far away from the truth. In fact, what if the truth is much worse. What if your future with him is darker than the past generation? The fact of the matter is you are not of Rosario blood. His men won't ever follow you or your demands. They follow his blood only. You are not immune from him or his men because you are not a Rosario just like how nothing and no one could protect Francesco's mother when she endangered Francesco's life when she was pregnant. Be careful Adele. Let's face it. You are at the mercy of Francesco. I do pray to the Lord that Francesco never hurts you and his children never hurt you ...."

Adele whispered "Don't talk about it this way. He can protect me. He wouldn't hurt me"

Angelo spoke "He is a leader of a criminal organisation. You know nothing about what he does. He lives two lives. Family man and business man. Which one is his priority?"

Adele spoke with a suspicious tone "So you want me to leave him. You still do. Don't you? That's why you are telling me all this. You are still not convinced that this is what I want."

Angelo leaned his head against the pole he was tied to and sighed "No Adele. I respect your wishes. I do. If you love him then there is nothing I can do. Now that i know I can't stop you, then I have no intentions except doing what I can to protect you even by means of telling you what i know. Now, I just want you think about the many obstacles and dangers that I am sure Francesco will not sure with you voluntarily. There are so many secrets between you two. He would always be a part time family man and part time crime boss. I see you love him enough to enter this life but you are not prepared enough.  Its my duty to warn you to never take on Francesco on your own. I did and I am paying for it. He loves you. That is the only assurance I have that you will be taken care of. I really hope you are right and Francesco is not like his father. I sincerely also hope that his children are not like Paulo Rosario and would not treat you as brutally as Paulo did to his wife. I hope your loyalty to Francesco pays off but as I said, I will watch in the sidelines and will be there for you no matter what happens."

A silence followed as Angelo and Adele just stared at each other. They were looking at each other thoughtfully. So much was said that they needed to think about. So many obstacles ahead.

Angelo spoke in a defeated tone "Its over now. This talk is over. I think Antonio said he is coming back for me in minutes. The next time I see you, its when you say your vows in church unless Francesco changes his mind."

Adele said "First of January. That's when I am getting married."

Angelo looked shocked "What? That leaves you a month. Today is thanksgiving. Why does he pressure you this way?"

Adele whispered "I chose the date. It makes no difference. I am his and I want this Angelo. I know he will take care of me and I will be happy with him. I just wish you could have the same chance. i just wish you didn't have to stay single for the rest of your life all because of me as part of the punishment that I caused for you. " She then turned around and walked to the window not wanting her brother to see more tears that were running down her cheeks.