39

HAVE YALL READ LOVE AND GELATO BY JENNA EVANS WELCH???? BECAUSE U SHOULD!

Brief description:
Seattle native teenage girl looses her mother to cancer and is sent to live with her father in Italy six months after the funeral.

She meets this ADORABLE 1/2 Italian boy named Ren and they fall in love in the cutest most adorable way while our 16 year old protagonist, Lina, is reading through one of her mother's journals and discovers the mystery of why her mother and father split and all sorts of other mind-boggling stuff.

It's a contemporary romance, if you couldn't tell, but is also sort of a mystery. While the book deals with some pretty heavy stuff, (mostly her mother's death and Lina trying to adjust to life in Italy with her father she didn't know she had) the narration remains lively, top-notch hilarious and incredibly relatable.

After reading this book I cannot tell you how much I want to go live and fall in love in Italy because... WOW.

Also, it teaches some unforgettable lessons that will hit you hard and make you want to live in the pages of Mrs. Welch's writing like I did after finishing it.

So yeah, go read it, you totally should 100% :))

My fav line:

Lina: *digs around in fridge before finding something labeled cioccolato and starts devouring it*

Lina: "Yes. Chocolate spoke to me in any language."