Chapter 15

Edited
~~~

Ashleigh's .p.o.v

I blink a few times as my eyes adjust to the light. I look around for a few moments, unsure of where I am. I realise my head is rested on Louis chest. I sit up and look at him to find he's passed out. We must have fallen asleep on the couch after I came back from my walk with Harry. There's a blanket on us and I have no clue who put it there.

In this moment I feel very peaceful. It's quiet, not silent, but it's quiet and it feels like this is the first time I've truly had to myself and my thought since the last few whirlwind days I've been here. I can here the quiet muffled music from Harry's headphones and the murmur of Liam's voice on the phone, his conversation inaudible. As I said, quiet but not silent. I don't think it's ever silent with this lot. I think about the day. I made some big promises. I promised to go to therapy and that's something I never thought I'd do. It's been an emotional day and my nap was definitely not long enough. I was also extremely warm and comfy. I look to Louis and he hasn't even stirred so I gently lower my head back onto his chest, pull the blanket back above my shoulders and drift off to a peaceful sleep.

When I wake up again I find I'm alone on the couch, no longer using Louis as a pillow. I sit up, groggily wiping my eyes trying to fully waken my brain. I can see Louis through the doorway in the kitchen leaning on the counter on his phone. Liam is with him. I get up to join them.

"Ah she's awake" Liam greets me as he catches sight of me entering the kitchen.

"How long was I out?" I ask, curious.

"About 2 hours I think, I came out my room to get a drink from the kitchen and saw you and Lou passed out on the couch so I put a blanket on you both and left you to it, I'm not one to interrupt a good spoon" Liam replies jokingly nudging Louis with his elbow.

"We weren't spooning" Louis says defensively and if I'm not mistaken he's... blushing? Liam holds his hands up feigning innocence. "Hey okay okay lover boy whatever you say" He replies smirking. I don't really understand the conversation but I get the feeling I'm not supposed to. Leaving them to their boy time I grab my phone off the counter and head back the living room dropping myself back onto the couch.

I haven't really had my phone since I stayed with the boys so there was a few notifications on my screen when I turned it on however 90% of them were from Alyssia. All of a sudden I felt extremely guilty. Alyssia is my best friend and I've basically fallen off the face of the earth. I haven't spoken to her since I interviewed the boys that day and the last she heard I was just hanging out with them, not that I was actually staying in louis' bed very night. She'll be going mad. This will be a fun explanation. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to tell her where I am. Of course I could never tell her about the real reason I'm here but I don't want to lie and act like I'm not even here at all. I've already done enough lying to last me a lifetime.

"Louis!" I shout hoping to catch his attention from the kitchen. He quickly appears making his way towards me.

"What's up, everything ok?" He asks concerned.

"Yeah everything's fine I'm just wondering what I should say to Alyssia. She's my best friend and I don't want to lie to her but what possible explanation can I give for being here. Am I even allowed to say I'm here?" I ask. I have no idea what security is like for the boys and what is and isn't allowed. Louis takes a seat next to me on the couch.

"Well does she know about...?" He trails off quietly.

"No and I'd really like to keep it that way." I reply.

"Okay well I mean I have no problem with you telling her you're with us. If you trust her then I trust her and as long as she doesn't sell our address to the paps then she's more than welcome to come visit you know that right? Any friend of yours is a friend of ours. It might be good for you to have a familiar face around maybe we could all go out for a day? I'd like to get to know her" Louis says. Alyssia will lose her shit if I tell her she's just been invited out by a member of one directions. She deserves this and maybe Louis' right. A familiar face who doesn't know what's going on might be refreshing for me. I won't have to worry that she's watching what I'm doing, it will just be like normal. And normal is good.

"I mean yeah she'd love that. I'd love that. But how the fuck do I explain why I'm here?" I ask. Lou's stays quite and he hesitates a few times before speaking, seemingly unsure of what he's about to say.

"I mean we could always say you and I have a... thing?" Louis says.

"You mean like romantically?" I ask a little bit confused.

"Yeah I mean not like dating or anything we only met a few days ago but I don't think it's too unrealistic to say we met, we liked each other and you've been hanging around here abit. Say you're developing friendships with the other lads and it all seems to be plausible. Of course it's just a thought and if You're not comfortable with it then we will find a way round this but it's the best I can think of." He says still unsure of himself .

"I mean ok but I don't know how believable it is you would ever have a thing with me I mean look at me and look at you" I say timidly laughing off the idea a little. I don't want Louis to think I believe I would ever have chance with him. Because I know I wouldn't and I don't need him to worry that I'll get carried away. Trust me my feet are firmly on the ground with this one.

"Yeah look at me and you. How would I ever get a girl like you?" Louis replies his voice quiet and all of a sudden the air feels a lot thicker.

"Why would you ever want a girl like me?"

Authors Note:
So I made an insta!! It's called "blairewalkerwattpad" and it's somewhere that I can easily tell you guys about updates, give you previews an pd somewhere I can get to know all you angels a little bit better so go give it a follow if that's something you're interested in!

Also we hit 8K! Thank you so much to each and every single one of you who reads,votes, comments. Whatever it is, you make my day and it truly truly truly means the world to me, I cannot thank you enough!!

I'm keeping it short and sweet today.

Love you all, B x