Chapter 1

Authors Note: I'm going to be editing this story as I like the plot and the basic story line but I believe it could be written much better. I'm going to leave the book up but if you read a chapter and it doesn't quite make sense it's probably because it hasn't been edited yet. Sorry for the awkwardness but I promise it will be so much better

EDITED
~~~

Ashleigh's P.O.V

The sound of my phone pulled me from my thoughts as I heard it vibrate against my dresser for the hundredth time this morning. I hadn't checked, but I knew it was Alyssia. My bubbly, larger than life best friend. I didn't have to check my phone to know exactly why she was texting me.

For the first time in a long time I was actually looking forward to today. I was interviewing One direction. The online blog I worked for bagged an interview spot with the band and they gave it to their new intern to prove she's cut out for the job. That intern would be me.

Today I was interviewing them on their upcoming album. I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to wake myself up more. I had to be at the studio hours before my slot to get my mic sorted and visit hair and makeup. I glanced at my phone. Its 6:30 am. I got in my car and headed to the studio where the press day was taking place.

After an hour and a half of driving I had arrived. I got checked in and visited hair and makeup. Once they were finished I looked in the mirror. Ugly. Nothing unusual. I hated everything about the way I looked. I especially hated my stomach. I had curves in all the wrong places and I was fat. No one ever said it to my face but I knew that everyone was thinking it. My image is something that has bothered me for as long as I can remember.

I headed to the communal area where about 30 different interviewers were waiting for their 5 minutes to talk to the boys. An assistant pointed me in the direction of a breakfast buffet area they had set up.

"Oh I'm alright thank you, I ate before I came"

I lied. I hadn't eaten since last night when I ate an apple just to stop myself passing out. I was starving but I didn't deserve to be. I didn't need the extra calories so I smiled politely and took a seat. Everyone seemed to be preparing or socialising with each other. I pulled out my phone to avoid talking to anyone. My messages were flooded by texts from Alyssia.

Omg are u excited :))
You need to tell me everything
R u nervous?
Have you saw them yet
Hello?
Are u speaking to them right now!

I love Alyssia but she is definitely full on sometimes. I decide to reply with a quick text letting her know that she would be the first to hear how it goes.

As more and more interviewers were called in I started to panic. What if I made a full of myself? What if I offended them? What if they laugh at me? I looked around. Everyone appeared to have their shit together, why was I such a mess. I took a few deep breathes.

"Ashleigh Black? The boys are ready for your interview now"

This was it. I was going to interview One direction. Better not screw up...