Chapter 6

Edited
~~~

Louis P.O.V

I wake up the next morning to see Ashleigh still fast asleep in my arms. She looks so peaceful. I like that.

I gently remove my arm from over her. She stirs slightly but doesn't wake. I jump in for a quick shower, then head out to the kitchen to make some breakfast for me and Ash. As I walk in to the kitchen, I am almost knocked off my feet when 3 bodies jump on top of me.

"You guys are awake then I see" I say sarcastically as I shake them off my back.

"Yeah course we're awake, we've got a press day today remember. Management will have our balls if we're late... again" Liam says.

Shit. The interviews, and my job, completely slipped my mind. They weren't group interviews so me and Liam were going this morning and Niall and Harry would go in later today.

"Aw shit boys, I totally forgot" I say nervously as I rack my brain, thinking about how I could make this work with Ashleigh. I can't bring her with me without management asking a thousand questions that I really won't be able to answer.

Just as I think things can't get any worse, Ashleigh appears at the kitchen door.

"Morning guys" She says as she turns her face directly to me.

"Em Louis, I'm just going for a shower 'kay?" She mutters.

"Okay babe" I reply as I give her a subtle wink to remind her of my rule. The boys look at each other confused.

"Uh why did she come in here just to tell you she was going to shower?" Niall laughs.

Completely ignoring Niall, I run out of the kitchen to catch Ashleigh. I grab her arm just before she goes into the bathroom. She turns to me in confusion.

"Don't worry Louis, I remembered your rule, I won't lock the door" She says shyly. I turn to make sure the boys are out of ear shot before I reply.

"That's great love, but that's not what I was going to say. I think we should tell the boys why you're really here" I say quietly, hoping that Ashleigh won't get mad at my suggestion.

"What? Why?" She asks confused.

"Because I cant do it on my own Ashleigh. I need the boys help. Todays a press day and I can't -" I'm interrupted by Ashleigh

"If you want me to leave just grow a pair and say it Louis. Don't drag it out, don't act as if you want me here. I get it. I'm fucked up and I'm too much work. Don't make this worse for me" She practically yells and I pray to god that the boys cant here.

"What? What are you talking about? You're not too much work and you're definitely not fucked up. Where is this coming from?" I ask gently, confused to what prompted her outburst.

"You said it yourself Louis. I'm too much for you too handle on your own" She replies, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Ashleigh, that's not what I meant. Today is a press day. I have to leave in a few minutes with Liam and then when I come back Harry and Niall have to leave. But you cant come with me to the studio. That's why I need the boys help. I'd love to trust you Ashleigh, I really would. But after last night I just cant. I need them to know so that I can keep you safe, that's all" I say calmly, trying to persuade her.

She looks at me with wide eyes before slouching down against the bathroom door. I lower myself to the ground so I'm next to her on the floor.

"I'm sorry for shouting" Ashleigh mumbles so quietly that I can barely hear her.