Chapter 33

Myles' pov
"Briar! Is that you?" I question, trying to make out if it is Briar or not while the nurse shushes me for yelling.

"Hey Mylo," a sweet voice says, the figure walking closer to me, "of course it's me silly!" She begins to smile, making me smile. "I'm glad you're ok."
"I'll leave you two alone," the nurse I guess, says with a smile and walks off.

Briar looks at me sympathetically, smiles again, and sits down onto the grey chair that's beside my bed. However, she quickly jumps out and her cheeks begin to turn a nice shade of scarlet. Hmm, why? I look to see where she is looking, and her eyes are darting around the room! Oh, I get it now! Everyone in the room is staring at us, they witnessed the scene beforehand as well! Quickly, Briar pulls the curtains, shut, around my bed, making sure no one can see us, even though they can probably still hear us. Oh well, they can go back to whatever they were doing before!

"That's better," Briar says, sitting back down onto the chair, "did they give you painkillers?"

Painkillers? What's that? Oh, wait. Actually, it's pretty self explanatory. I'm guessing they kill pain? Which stops the pain! Ok, I get it. Well, I can't feel any pain, apart from the fact that I'm sore all over, but yeah! I guess they did give me some as it's nowhere near as bad as before!

"Yes," I reply, "yes they did, but I'm still sore!"
"You'll be ok! In fact, you'll be out soon!"

Now that is something that I haven't thought about! What will happen when we leave? Will I stay with Briar? Is she going back to living with her parents? Am I going to be alone? Will I live on the streets? How will I live? Her parents won't want me in their house! Why would they want me? I caused so much trouble...

"Briar?" I ask, "what's going to happen?"
"What do you mean?" she asks back, moving closer to me, giving me a confused look.
"When I get out of this place, what'll happen?" I ask, making what I wanted to ask before more clear.
"Oh, that," she continues, "I'm not sure to be honest. We have nowhere to live, I don't think my parents want me there, even though we've cleared the air."

"What?" a male voice interrupts our conversation, "of course we want you!"

The curtains are quickly pulled apart, and then closed again, revealing a man standing there. That looks like...Briar's father! Yes, I remember him now! I caught a glimpse of him whilst I was in his car! What is his name? I know it begins with A! Andrew? No. Aled? No. Hmm, Alan? Yes! That's it! Alan!

"Father!" Briar exclaims, jumping out of her seat to give him a hug.
"Briar, of course we want you back! Don't think that we don't!" Alan says into her hair whilst they're hugging.
"I love you," she whispers.
"I love you too," he whispers, repeating her.

"Ahem! Sorry to interrupt, but I'm still here," I interrupt, rather rudely. I didn't mean to come across as rude! I guess I haven't...shared Briar?
"Gosh Myles! Sorry!" Briar speaks up, pulling away from her father ro walk back over to me.
"That's ok B," I say with a smile as she kisses my cheek.

"Oh yeah," she says, looking up at her father with a wide grin, "I don't suppose Myles could stay with us, until we get a house together? I'm not going to live in England, Canada is better! Although all my stuff is there...shopping spree! Anyway! Please let him father! He has nowhere to go!"

Alan looks at Briar, and the tilts his head towards me. He stares at me in the eye for a few moments, slightly creeping me out. Ok, can he stop? This is making me uncomfortable!

"Of course!" he exclaims, breaking the awkward stare, "But you two will have to share a room, is that ok?"

Briar looks at me with a smile before saying, "Yes, yes it is. Father, do you mind leaving me and Myles alone for a little bit?"
"Sure," he replies, leaving, "don't get into too much trouble!"
"Father!" Briar yells after him, as he quickly escapes. I think we all know what he meant....

"That's ok with you, right?" she asks.
"Of course," I continue sappily, "I love you so much."
"Well then we're different," she continues, "very different."
"Wait what? You don't love me?" I ask, confused and a little hurt.
"Oh Myles, don't be silly! Of course I love you! I meant we're different because I love you a lot more than 'so much'," she replies, making sense, "see what I mean?"
"This is why I love you."

Woooh! Sorry for the awful ending, but this book is now finished! There may be a squeal in the future sometime, but for now, my new Nochelle book will be coming out! Hope you guys liked this! Remember to check out my new book, it should be up now!

Bye the way, some people have messaged me for my Insta, so here it is- briarnoletforever ❤️