Chapter 30

Myles' pov
"You're going to be ok, Myles. I'm going to get you out of here right now!" Briar whispers, giving me a small smile.
I can see here eyes filling up with tears, but she doesn't let any fall. As a reply, I slowly nod my head as I can't speak. I'm in too much pain to talk, let alone walk! How is she going to get me out of here? She couldn't lift a suitcase! How is she going to lift me? And, how is she even in here? There's no way she could've got in without getting caught or seen by one of the scientists hurting me! She's stealthy, tricky and smart- gosh I do like this girl.

"Can you move? Talk?" she whispers, lifting my chin up gently.
I shake my head, no, extremely slowly as it's painful to move any part of my body!
"Oh Myles," she continues, looking at me with sympathy. "I feel so bad for you! I'm going to get you out! I'm going to- oh my goodness! That's how I'll get you out!"

I furrow my eyebrows slightly in confusion, what's she going to do?
"This rack that you're on has wheels, which means I can push it! I noticed that there are other bodies being experimented on when I was looking through the window. However those are dead, so all I have to do is put on a lab coat, hide my face, cover you with a sheet, and get the hell out of here!" She exclaims, raising her voice slightly, but soon covering her mouth incase someone heard.

Ok, this girl is a genius! I would never have thought of that! Without wasting anytime, she runs over to the corner of the room, grabbing a spare white, lab coat that's hanging up on a hook attached to the wall. Then, she puts it on and as quick as a flash, her hair is tied up in a bun and a pair of glasses on her face. God knows where she got those, but hey, they make her look cute!

"Ok Myles, stay still," she says, grabbing a white sheet that's large enough to over my entire body and the rack that I'm on. Quickly, she throws it over me, covering up everything. From Briar's view, I probably look like a dead body, which is good! No suspicions here!

Then, I feel myself beginning to move. Well, the rack's moving! I wonder where we are now? Not seeing anything feels weird! But I feel safe, like Briar will protect me. I hope no one asks questions or looks underneath the cover, otherwise, we're doomed!

"Afternoon Doc, what you got under there?" a voice asks, sounding like Dr Davies, a previous scientist who worked on me.
"Just a body, taking it down to the lab to do some dissecting. Got to do it quickly though, see you later!" Briar replies, quickly pushing me away.

That wad close! Thank God she came up with an excuse quickly! And thank God we're going in the direction of the dissection lab! I know we are, because if we weren't, Davies would tell her that this is the wrong way, or suspect something suspicious and tell someone! Ok, all we have to do is make it through the building without getting stopped again. Come on Briar, I believe in you!

Sorry if there's any spelling mistakes or errors, I can't be bothered to re-read it because I'm tired and want to go to sleep so that's what I'm going to do. Bye 💘