Chapter 24

Briar's pov
Ok, we have fifteen minutes left until the scientists come back from their lunch break. It's not fair! Why do they get to eat whilst me and Myles are stuck down here? I'm starving! If Abbey has any sense, she'll come to our rescue. I told Myles she would, I hope she does. I can't let him down now! He has his hopes up! Abbey please come!

"Briar," Myles speaks up, his voice cracking slightly in fear. "What if Abbey doesn't come? What if she's gone? What if we stay here forever?"
"Shh, Myles. I know you're scared, I am too. But don't worry! Abbey will come," I reply, looking at him sympathetically. I hope I haven't just lied to him, no! Abbey will come! I have to have faith!

"I don't know how much more of this my body can take," he says in a tired voice, closing his eye and letting hid head hand down, making my shatter into a thousand pieces.
"No!" I instantly shout without even thinking about it. I can't stand to see him be like this! "I know it's difficult Myles, but you have to stay strong. I want to hug you so badly, but I'm strapped to this God damn chair!"

"I love you, you know that right?" he asks, lifting his head up.
"Of course," I reply, now we're both looking at each other, straight in the eye.
"Just remember that, if I don't make it," he says, his voice trailing off at the end.
"You are going to make it through this Myles! Take my words for it. We'll be out of here before you know it!" I exclaim with a small smile, trying to make him feel better.

In fact, he lets out a small smile. Awe, there's his smile! I was about to speak up, until his smile vanishes. I look up, and see that the scientist are back. Ugh, here we go...