Chapter 28

Myles' pov
I hope Briar gets here soon because ouch! She said she'd come back! She has to! I don't know how much of this my body can take! An hour maybe? If she doesn't come soon, I'll be dead! Ok, the good news is that they've stopped electrocuting me. However, the bad news is that they've moved me onto something terrible! Awful! Painful! Something that everyone fears- a stretcher. Yes, that's right. A stretcher. Not the type of stretcher that you're carried away on when you go to hospital. No, this is a limb stretcher.

How it works is quite simple, really. First of all, they tie your arms and legs down on a rack so you can't move. Then, they attach a larger rope to your ankles and wrists. These ropes are about as strong as a rhino, and as long as an elephant's trunk. Once you're secure, four people grab the ropes, a rope each, and begin to pull. They pull hard, causing agonising pain for the person who's being stretched.

Well, that's me right now. In excruciating pain! I feel as if my legs are about to rip out of my body! I'm pretty sure that both my shoulders have been dislocated! On a scale from one to ten, this has got to be one hundred! I'd actually prefer to go back to the shocks! But because I said that I'd take Briar's punishments, I'm getting double the pain, double the stretching, and double the chance of dying.

"Ouch! Stop! Please! Ouch! Ow! Agh! Oh! Ow! Stop!" I yell repeatedly.
It's all I could get out! This has got to be the most painful thing in the world!

Briar's pov
Well I didn't expect this! My father is driving me to the science lab to save Myles! I'd have never have thought that this would happen! To be honest, I think he feels bad about what happened all those years ago. I mean really bad. He keeps apologising and offering me things like a new car, a new house, and even a pony! Of course I denied it, even though I have nowhere to stay, as all that I can think about is Myles. I wonder how he's doing in that chair! I hope he's still hanging in there!

"Briar," my father speaks up as we drive, making my thoughts disappear like smoke from a chimney. "Do you really love this boy?"
Well, this is going to get awkward. After not seeing my father for years, this is our car conversation? God help me now...

"Yes, of course I do. When you meet him, you'll think he's great as well!" I reply cheerfully, telling the truth.
"So he's a nice guy?"
"Yeah!"
"But he's dying?"
"Yeah..."

Wow, way to darken a conversation! I just hope we get there quickly! I need to see Myles! I have to see Myles! I want to hug him, I want to kiss him, I want to see him! Wait, how am I going to get into that room? Damn it Briar! Why didn't I think of that? I'm such an idiot! Myles will be waiting for me, and I can't even get in! Maybe I should ask my father, maybe he'll know how to get in. I mean, he should how to get in. He worked there!

"Father," I say, darting my eyes towards the car's window, looking at the scenery outside. "How am I going to save Myles? It was pure luck when I got into that room! Pure luck! And even then it didn't work!"
"I've been thinking about that the whole way here. And you aren't going in alone, I'm coming. Besides, you need me for our plan," he replies, making me look towards him.
"Plan? What plan? We haven't got a plan!" I exclaim, he sounds crazy!
"But I do! You see, when I worked there, I made many friends. I knew practically everyone! If the ones torturing Myles are my friends, I can distract them for a while so that you can save Myles, bring him to the car! Once I say goodbye, I'll go to the car and we drive to the police, or the hospital. Probably the hospital. We don't want him to die! Does that sound like a plan to you?" He asks, a slight smile appearing on his face.
"Yes! Here we come Myles!"

Thanks for 5K! ❤️