Chapter 7

Myles' pov
As soon as Briar left, everything went silent. Well, I was the only one in the house but it felt weird that she wasn't there. Then I remember what I said to her earlier on. I told her she was cute. Was that a bad choice? I mean, yeah she's cute but I did make her feel awkward. Then again, she thought I was cute so maybe she likes me as more then a friend. No, she probably doesn't. I'm sure there are loads of cute guys she likes, I just may be one of them.

I decide to put on a black t shirt and some black jeans. What? It was the outfit Briar chose for me. Wait, what? Did I really just think that? I can't think things like this, I don't want her to end up getting hurt.

Once I'm dressed, I decide to watch some TV in the living room. The first thing that comes on when I turn the TV on is the news. I watch it until the presenter says, "Onto our next story. A missing boy who goes by the name of Myles Erlick has yet to be found. We believe he is in Toronto but we aren't sure where." Oh no! I turn it off quickly. People will be looking for me! This is bad, I've got to stay inside otherwise, I could be seen.

-Skip to when Briar finishes work-

Briar's pov
I get home from work and enter my house. I walk into the living room and see Myles sitting on the sofa. He looks kind of worried.
"Myles?" I ask, making him jump.
"Oh hey Briar, how was work?" He asks.
"Fine but is there something wrong?" I reply.
"Well..." He trails off.
"Myles." I say forcefully and sit next to him.
"It's just that I was on the new reported 'missing'. That means that they're probably looking for me." He says, looking at the floor.
"Don't worry Myles, you're Noah Jones remember? You'll be fine." I say and rub his back.
"I guess."