"Yummy, chicken," my mouth became watery.

Releasing my hand to walk to a cabinet, she said, "It's called apple thyme chicken."

Wait, the pieces in there, were also apples? What the hell. Apple with grilled chicken? That was strange, it probably tasted funny too. It just didn't look right, although it did look good. Maybe I just needed to give it a try. Lauren knew what she was doing... right? No, apple with chicken didn't make sense to me.

"Lauren. Apples don't go with chicken."

She gave me an Oh really? Look.

"They do if the chicken is grilled," she replied matter of factly.

My hand went up in surrender, "Okay, well you're the expert." Lauren served the dishes. Once she was done, I grabbed my plate and we walked to the table.

"Your mom knows that you're not having dinner at home right?"

"Yup. I told her that I was having dinner at Shawn's." I answered.

Lauren grabbed two wine glasses and poured some white wine in both.

"Go easy on it," she warned while handing me my glass. My eyes squinted, giving her an 'are you serious' look.' "It's just for dinner," She retorted playfully.

I laughed lightly.

Now it was time to try the dish. Just in case the apples tasted weird, I began cutting pieces of chicken. That was safe, at least I wouldn't have a problem swallowing it. Taking my first bite of the chicken, my eyes closed as I savored the piece of meat. So juicy. God. I had never loved chicken so much.

"This is delicious," I commented.

"And you were worried," she teased.

"I'm worried about the apple chunks, which I still haven't tried," I clarified making Lauren roll her eyes.

"Well try it," she poked her fork into an apple chunk. "Open," she tried feeding me it. Being hesitant, I opened my mouth. The fragile and soft apple dispersed into little pieces. She was right though, it was really tasty, very delicate.

"I must apologize, because you were right... this is delicious," I had to recognize it.

Lauren grinned. Poking her fork through a piece of apple and then chicken, she fed it to me at the same time. She fed herself while I finished chewing the bite she fed to me. A smile was forming on her face when she was chewing. It was so cute. 

"You see, you can't reject something without trying it first," she stated.

"Ah, well if I remember correctly, you were rejecting me without giving me a chance first." I reminded being a smartass.

Lauren grinned mischievously, "Here, eat up." She then shoved chicken into my mouth with her fingers. I tried to bite them because of the rude gesture. "Hey." she said and pointed sternly at me. "I told you, I was only trying to protect you."

"I know. And I adore you for that," I pinched her cheek, and took a sip from my wine. "At least we're together now," I smiled feeling butterflies in my stomach.

Seriously, I couldn't have asked for more at the moment. The feeling was somewhat surreal. Literally. I was here with Lauren, at her home, having dinner with her. To me, she wasn't the Algebra teacher, she was just my girlfriend. All of this was wonderful. I admit, being in class with her was still something to get used to, but it wasn't a huge problem. It was just strange in a humorous way, how I had to respect as an older authority figure during school, with other people in general.

Miss Jauregui (CAMREN)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें