And so he smiled, and gave him a thumbs up. "Go get 'em, tiger."

Although he felt like he was dying inside as he watched Roderich walk over the the girls table with the young woman in the blue skirt and white button up, he stayed silent, sitting back down at his table and starting to eat his food.

"You're just going to let him go?" Ludwig asked. "Are you feeling alright, brother?"

Gilbert didn't answer, just poked at his macaroni.

Roderich sat in the very middle of the bench, two girls squeezed up beside him. Elizaveta sat across from him.

"So, Roderich... Tell us what Austria was like." The girl in the blue skirt said, leaning on her hand.

"It's beautiful. I would give anything to go back. Well, I probably shouldn't say anything, but... I'd really like to go back eventually."

"Why'd you move here?" Another girl asked.

"Well, my father owns a piano company, and he moves with the business, so... I'm usually sent out to boarding schools so I don't get in the way."

"Is that why you dress all fancy?"

"My father has a small fortune, so... I guess?"

There were girls all around him, which threw him off a bit. He was already bad at social situations, and not having Gilbert by his side didn't help at all.

"Why isn't Gilbert allowed to sit with me?"

"He's annoying." Elizaveta dead panned. "Sure, he's my best friend, but he's still an asshole who won't shut his face."

Roderich felt kind of offended. "He's not annoying... Yes, he's kind of an asshole, and he has a lot to say. But he's overall a good person, and he's fun to be with."

"What are you on?" One of the girls asked.

"A bench...?"

"No, I mean how high are you?"

"I'm 5'8."

"Are you on drugs? Like, weed or something?"

Roderich gasped, offended. "How could you accuse me of stooping down to that level? I would never do anything like that! I only have one body and I must protect it so it lasts!"

One of the girls face palmed, another sighed.

"You're really hot." Someone murmured.

"Really? That's strange, maybe I've caught a fever?"

"Oh my god." Someone else groaned.

Roderich took a sip of his chocolate milk. "So, why is it you wanted me to sit here again?"

"They think you're attractive and want to make sure you're not a womanizer." Elizaveta mumbled.

"I can't be a womanizer. I've never even seen a woman's bare stomach. Unless you count my mother, we used to go swimming a lot."

A couple girls gasped. "You're a virgin?!"

Roderich blinked for a bit. "That means I've never had sexual intercourse before, right?"

"Yes..." Elizaveta had her face in her hands.

"Then yes, I'm a virgin."

The entire table seemed to gasp.

"But you're sixteen?! And really cute?! How are you a Virgin?!" Someone demanded.

"I guess I just haven't found the right person yet." He murmured. "It may sound cliché, but it's true."

The girls seemed to all eye each other suspiciously, accept for Elizaveta, who was still face-palming.

Gilbert watched from his table, laughing his ass off. He was no longer jealous or scared.

These girls stood absolutely no chance.

"Wait... Are you gay?" One of the girls asked, and Gilbert almost immediately stopped laughing.

Roderich suddenly became flustered, unsure of himself. "I-I don't know, I-I've never really thought of my sexuality before."

"Is that a yes or a no?"

Roderich pursed his lips, the entire table (plus Gilbert) watching him.

"I... I think I like girls and boys...?" He muttered, barely a whisper. "I don't know..."

Despite that Roderich was very quie, it was still loud enough for Gilbert to hear.

Gilbert's heart soared. He felt like jumping around, a grin sneaking into his face.

He had a better chance than anyone else.

Not only was he his roommate, but also his best (and only) friend. And he was bisexual. Gilbert had a chance. Gilbert had a very good chance.