Chapter Twenty-Six - Silence

'I'm afraid...' I whispered through the cold room. The only light was the three candles on the table between us, which made a playful dance on her face while she was preparing my dose.

'You shouldn't. I've been doing this for over two years now. It's safe.' She persuaded me. As she poured the perfect amount of drug onto the spoon and some water to it, I looked at the needles on the table. I have never used injected drugs before. Marijuana, some cocaine through the nose, but never injection. My very first time had found me a year before that fateful day in Georgia.

I had just met that strange girl at Kieran's best friends house. Marquee and Kieran had been best friends since kindergarten, so I knew him since I was born. And I never really liked him. But because I was kinda attached to Kieran, he was a needed bad person in my life. Marquee had changed his girlfriends, sluts week by week, I never really memorized their names. The same happened to that girl either for the first time, even though her name was such a strange one to me. We didn't talk, we didn't say good-bye either. The next week we came to see Marquee, I found it as a surprise that the same girl was sitting on the couch, only in crop top and thong. She was young but it was hard to guess since she was Japanese and those women's age can't be guessed perfectly. I never really knew. She was so tiny and thin I was afraid she would broke in any moment. Her eyes were always a bit blurry – soon I got to know it was because she was a hard junkie. And she never really liked to dress up properly. Her long black hair was cut in different lenght and it was a mess. She lifted her eyes up to me and she smiled. That's how I first met Silence.

She never told me why her name was Silence. I never asked her anyway. But from that day we spent a lot of time together and she made me separate from Kieran a bit, without me realizing it. She was amazed by the fact that since I was a child I'd been a drug user but she was intended to make me take the next level. And she wanted me to take it with her.

Silence put the bottom of the spoon just above the flame of the candle and soon the mix started to bubble. She stirred it with one of the needles and then sucked it up into the injection.

'You ready?' She asked and I didn't know. In the last few weeks Silence and I got very close and I looked up to her for being so free and untamed. So I cut hesitating and only nodded. I didn't want to disappoing her. 'Then give me your arm.' I'd watched her doing it for herself. She used her veins in her arms that many times she had to inject herself on her feet... I put my arm on the table and looked away while she put a ribbon around my thin upper arm, just above the crook of my arm and bound it so tight I hissed in pain. 'Easy, baby girl. Take deep breaths. This is gonna be the best moment in your life... Would be such a waste to shit your panties now...' She blinked at me and put the end of the needle to my skin. 'Look at me, Reira!' I shot my eyes at her. Silence licked her lips, like she was looking at something really delicious. It took a few years to realized, that was turning her up, seeing me getting high. And then, without saying anything else, she turned to watch as she stung the needle under my skin, to pour that horrible poison into my vein which drag me to hell and didn't let me go for years.