Chapter Two - Good Luck

It had been long long weeks since I had not seen him, because he was out in his mini-castle in the middle of the Georgia desert, filming everyone's favourite show on TV. I'd been knowing him before this hysteria could been started about him and his character, Daryl Dixon. He had changed a lot since then: he dyed his hair from auburn to dark brown, gained some actual muscle, grown a goatie (he had dreamt about since he was fourteen) and became a fond of crossbows. But his attitude was still the same. Or a bit more better. I'd never known him as a rude guy but a caring one and his fans made him care even more about people.

I should have felt myself hell of a lucky girl, the one who had won the lottery to have him as a guardian. But every time I started to feel myself like that, I remembered the reason why he became my guardian. And it washed away my feelings.

As he was sitting on the chair, waiting for me to take the other one next to him, my thoughts wondered about why we were there actually. Dr. K had already dismissed me a day before and never mentioned that we have to have a meeting before I will leave. I started to assume some problem. But still acting like I don't give a fuck, I sat down next to Norman. I felt his gaze on my face and my body, as he studied me up and down, measuring the damages. I heard him let out a sad sigh.

That bad, huh? I refused the urge to look at him. Not now. Not here.

Dr. K smiled at me as always but it didn't convinced me about that nothing is behind this sit-down-meeting. 'So, Reira! Big day, isn't it?' Jenn asked and leaned closer to me, resting her elbows on the expensive table. Even if the institute wasn't a big deal, of course, the head of the place deserved a good table.

'Think so.' I answered, with a light shrug. 'I'd had some of this before.'

I've been out of rehab three times so far. It was just like one of those days.

'We all hope, this one is the last one, right?' She winked at me like she was my partner in crime.

'Yeah.' I said, with no emotion at all. 'And what's all this for?'

'I wanted to talk to Mr. Reedus about the importance of this day. Soon, you'll become twenty-one and Mr. Reedus will be no longer your guardian.' Jenn said, motioning to Norman.

''Kay, I've already known that. What's the big deal about it?' In the past months, she had been telling that crap to me. And I'd known that before by myself. Why was it so important then?

'We all know that you had a tough time. But it's been years now, Reira. You should move on and start your life. You should find the one thing you can build your life on and hold on to that.' I nearly dropped my jaw. Suddenly, anger welled up inside of me.

'Jenn, we've been talking about this shit in the past months... You really fucking dragged me here to...'

'Watch your mouth, sunshine!' Norman interjected and for the first time, I looked him in the eye.

Really? Now he is using Daryl's lines from TWD?!

'Oh, come on, Norman! This is bullshit.' His reassuring eyes suddenly turned warning. I knew what did that mean, so I shut the fuck up. 'Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude.' I said the words but didn't actually felt the meaning behind them. I knew what should I say to make it easier for me, for him and for Dr. K as well. 'I know what's for next. I have my plans.' Lie. Pure lie. And as I looked into Norman's eyes, I knew that he knows that too. But Dr. K seemed relieved.

'That's perfect. And what's your plan?' I was afraid that question will come. I tried to make something up in a quick second but nothing actually came into my mind. Then there came my guardian.