"Hey," I turned to the person who spoke and saw it was Clark, "Are you alright?"

        I stopped and swallowed, my throat was starting to dry, like I was eating small rocks and it got stuck. I looked behind him and saw Lois still working, glancing secretly at us. Obviously, she failed since I saw it.

        "I'm fine. What's with you people asking that." I laughed dryly, shaking my head. Actually, I was just feeling nothing, I feel no sadness nor anger nor happiness. Just neutral.

        He shrugged, his eyes glinting in worry, "You look worn out. Are you really fine?" He questioned again.

        "Yes, Clark, I am." I nodded, shifting my eyes back to Lois who was glancing again then back to him, "You should go back, I don't think Lois wants seeing us this close." I smirked playfully, but inside I was hurting.

        I was tired. Tired of seeing him with her.

        He looked behind him and stared back to me. He hesitated for a moment, opening his mouth then closed it again, but nothing came out. He nodded and walked back to the place he was working; besides Lois.

        My heart ached.

        I strolled over to the vendor machine, buying a small orange juice carton to prevent my throat from feeling so rough.

        It has been hours, we've been working for hours. Zach talked to his other friends, Clark and Lois talking to each other softly. Everyone chattered while they all work.

        Then here I was. Fixing what I need to fix. Talking to no one.

        One by one they all started leaving since it was late, the cool wind getting colder and colder inside the building because of the opened windows. And I have to stay to finish everything up.

        Every one of them walked out the door, telling my thanks to them for helping out. Even though I didn't want to talk to Lois, I thanked her. I was being polite.

        Now it was just the three of us, standing close.

        Zach sighed, scratching his head, "As much as I love to stay and help you out. I can't," I understand why, "You know how far my apartment is."

        Farther than mine, "I know, thanks for your concern, Zach." I smiled softly.

        He gave me a long hug and I returned it, He reminded me again to not stress myself. After that, he left.

        I turned to Clark who was staring at Zach's back as he walked away. "Are you gonna stay?" I asked, hoping he would, I sounded like I was pleading him if you listened carefully, but I was not. At least we would have a moment, just the two of us even at a short notice.

        "Of course," He smiled, showing his pearly white teeth, "let's go and finish this up so you can relax early."

        I think you don't want to spend some time with me, "Alright, you pick up the extra decorations and put it inside the box, then go to that closet," I pointed, "it's the storage actually." He nodded and pursed his lips.

        He started walking to the empty boxes, picking up the excess decorations on the way, while I roamed around, picking up the trashes of my co-workers then dumping them in the bin. I walked towards to the unfinished Christmas tree.

        It was huge, and it was still half done. I started picking up the ornament, hanging them up on the branch, one by one.

        The room was quiet, you could almost hear a pin drop if it weren't for Clark who shuffles, and it felt awkward. For me it was. I don't know about him.