Chapter 12

Gavin's pov

I should probably feel like a shit face for going over to Anna's yesterday and doing what I did to her. There's probably a lesson i could learn from this but, right now, I just can't seem to figure out what it is. Maybe, just maybe, that's why I'm heading over to my sister's to talk to her. I need to find the lesson in this and quick before I screw something up that can't be fixed.

The drive is agonizingly long and I'm dreading having to walk up to the door when I reach her place. Yet, I do it anyways. I turn off my vehicle and head for the door, knocking three times and waiting for a minute before the front door is opened by a tall blonde male with long hair.

"Hey man, can I help you?" The blonde asks me.

"Is Victoria here?"

"Why?" He gets stern in his voice, upset in a way.

"Because I drove for a good half hour to get here so I could talk with my little sister about the shit going on in my life and hope that she could give some insight and advice. Now, I will not ask again. Is Victoria here or is she not?" His eyes roll at my outburst but he still moves to the side and tells me to come in.

I wait in the living room for another few minutes before she steps into the room and gives me a smile. "I hear you're having life troubles." I embrace her, laughing at her comment.

"You have no idea. V, I got myself into some seriously stupid shit and I don't know how to fix it or what to do." We sit down across from each other and she sighs.

"So you came to me to see if I knew what to say or how to help you." This isn't our first rodeo. "I could tell something was wrong when I saw you standing in here." She knows me too well. "What's happened?"

"I met someone."

"And how is that a bad thing? We've all been hoping you'd find someone after Ashley."

"The thing is, is that.. Well, Vanessa, she's my student."

"Gavin.. You can't be serious. Are you being serious right now?"

"She's seventeen, her name's Anna."

"How did this even happen?"

"I saw her in my class and then later that day I bumped into her again and it just went from there. I don't know, there's just something about her that makes her stand out from all the other girls."

"And what do you think that is Gavin? What do you like about her?"

"The way she laughs. She's been through a lot and she can still see the light in life to be able to smile and light up a room when she does, she lifts people's spirits. The way her hair flows in the wind, when it's goes in front of her face and she can't stop fixing it. She just stands there, getting upset with the wind because she worked so hard on her hair that morning. She makes mornings better, waking up with her is better then waking up without her. When it's pouring outside, she smiles because maybe it reminds her of the day we met and how we actually became to be what we are. Fighting with her keeps it interesting, she hates Ash, so when we fought about him, that was good. Made her pack her stuff and leave, actually. She was not taking any shit from him and thought he was hating on her for no reason and tried to tear her and I apart. But nothing about her stands out more than when she's working in class, she's so focused and determined to get we work done. She bites down so hard on her lip that I swear one day I saw blood being drawn. She wants so badly to have a good future for herself and she knows that all she needs is her best friend and someone to love. She doesn't think she needs her family but she wants one of her own. One day when she's ready, she told me. One day when she felt she had everything but a tiny little love in her arms, looking up at her with a tiny little grin on its face." The grin on my face is evident. It shows how much I truly care about her.