Chapter 8

Anna's pov:

People would tell me it's wrong if they knew. But when you feel a certain gravitating pull towards someone, nothing seems wrong. Everything is looked at with such a caution and carefulness that everything seems right. When that person cares for you and shows it and all you can do is gush over them and all of those simple little touches.

I told Rebecca that I didn't feel like going to the movie because after giving myself to Gavin in that way, I don't think I want to be anywhere else but by his side for a while. After Rebecca had told me time after time I can't miss this movie, she finally gave up. It took long enough but I don't think Gavin minded all that much, considering I'm laying in his bed with the sheets covering only my precious parts and he's trying so hard not to look at me. That's why it was even more fun when the sheet slipped down and all I could hear was a deep groan come from Gavin.

The second I put my phone down Gavin was hovering over me. I swore I heard him let out a low growl. "You've been teasing me the entire time you've been on your phone texting away to that friend of yours." I gave him an innocent smile.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I think you're going crazy." I tell him sweetly.

"Test me darling."

"What would you do?" I ask him.

He thought for a moment before letting out a sigh. "I don't wanna hurt you or make you do anything against your will so at most I think I'll sleep in a different room and you won't get any kisses or any of those touches that I know you love so dearly. And you'll just have to cope with that." I chuckle at his first statement but smile because it's nice to know he'd never do anything like that to me.

"You'd miss me too much if you slept in another room." He looked shocked at my words but quickly shook his head.

"I'd be perfectly fine darling, it'd be you who was at loss."

"Oh yeah? Why don't we test this theory of yours? I'll go sleep in the basement and we shall see who can go the longest without breaking and crawling back to the other. Deal?" I hold out my hand as best as I could for him to shake with him being on top of me and all.

His eyes searched mine for a brief moment before nodding and shaking my hand firmly. "Deal." He stood up and opened the bedroom door. "Scoot. To the basement you go."

"You're not seriously making me leave right now." I say, not believing my eyes at the sight and my ears at the words.

"I take my bets very seriously. Now scoot."

"Fine but I'm taking this sheet with me because you're not allowed to see my naked body." He gulps and I bit my lip. I stand up, wrapping the bed sheet around my body and going into the basement.

It's spacious. Almost too spacious. The bed is made neatly and my bags are still in Gavin's room from when I moved in not too long ago so I'll have to go get those later on. The cleanliness of the bedsheets catch my eye, taunting me while I walk around the room. I let Gavin's bed sheet fall to the floor and I lay on the bed. Honestly, I'm going to have to talk to him about why he has a bed in the basement because it's kind of weird.

*****

It feels like only minutes have passed by but I soon realize it's been three hours of my laying on this bed. I must've fallen asleep but the knock at the door woke me up. "Who is it?"