Chapter 14: The dungeons

Prince Jay made his way into the deepest part of the dungeons where even the King himself would not dare to enter.

The last time he spoke to Barret was for the disappearance of his sister, and he swore to the old wizard that he'd never visit again unless he was prepared to give up everything.

Now there he was standing in front of the rotting cell that was slowly getting eaten away by magic.

"Prince Jay," A crusty voice greeted from the darkness, and Wizard Barret's old figure appeared into what little light the dungeon had to offer, "It's been a while."

Prince Jay was clearly in no state to sit there and idly chat, so he got straight to the point.

"I want to take my revenge," He proposed, "Against the Princess of Drendecile."

"That is no easy feat child," Barret chuckled, "You are just as ignorant as you were the first time you visited me."

"I will do anything for your help," Jay replied seriously, "I have nothing in my heart left to lose."

Barret limped over to the bars of the cage, and grabbed Jay roughly by his torn shirt and slammed him up against the metal.

"If I grant you your wish, you owe me that delicious heart of yours."

"It is yours for the taking," Jay replied, "But first, you will help me with my revenge."

"Do not go back on your word," The wizard hissed as Jay's clothes slowly began to transform, "I always come to collect, just as I did for your sister."

Jay didn't dare to think of what he had done, taking the life of that bastard and forfeiting the beating heart to Barret was tough to stomach, but because he was young, Barret had given him an easy deal.

Now his skin was taken over in black, his figure taking the shape of a dark knight. He wasn't distinguishable when he left the dungeons, and only one goal was on his mind.

This time he was leaving Drendecile with Clover's head on a pike.