"I beg you Carrots." He said, "release this collar, I can't bear it anymore!" He pouted.

"I can't Nick, the law-" Nick cut her off before she could complete the "everyone relies on me speech".

"Who cares about the law? Do you not care about me? Your best friend?" Nick felt his heart break into two when she hesitated. "I knew it, you still think us predators are all dangerous." Judy's eyes widened.

"What?! No! That's not what I meant!" She exclaimed.

"Save it Judy." Nick's harsh tone stabbed Judy in the heart. "And to think I loved you... But of course that wouldn't work, for one i'm predator, your prey and two- your still scared of me!" Nick's words didn't register in his mind.

He didn't realise what he said until he was well across the street, leaving Judy behind. Did he care about his confession that was bottled up? No. Why should he still love her? She couldn't even let him free.

Judy just stared after his long gone presence. He loved her. Judy couldn't believe such a thing. But the rest of his hurtful words entered her head.

He was angry at her. If anything was worse than being yelled at by your friend who just confessed, she didn't know what it would be.

She felt horrible. She always stood next to Nick like a bully. He knew she had the key to the collar and she walked around as if it were nothing important.

She had subconsciously made fun of him where ever they went. Every time Nick saw her, he would hope she would help him, but the thing was, Judy didn't.

That night in her bed, many thoughts flooded her brain. She wanted to help Nick, she didn't want his feelings to go to waste, she wanted to return them.

But she knew it would risk her job and a life in prison if she did. But what was more important?

That question even managed to squeeze into her dreams, she couldn't stop wondering about what to do.

And finally in the morning, she had a plan. It wasn't effective but knew it was for the best.

She picked up her phone and dialled for her parents. "Hello Judy! It's so lovely of you to call!" Her mom answered.

"Mom, I think I ruined everything between Nick and I." Judy groaned. Of course her parents were familiar with Nick. They didn't seem to mind him the slightest, much to Judy's relief.

"Well why don't you bring him over here? It's a lot more peaceful than the city with all that noise blocking your thoughts, maybe you can sort it out?" She suggested.

Judy's eyes lit up. "That, actually sounds like a great idea! When came we drop over?" Her mother laughed.

"Anytime."

"How about this afternoon?" She insisted.

"Sure thing! Gideon will be bringing pie's over to!" She said.

"Perfect! Thanks Mom!"

"Anytime Judy! See you later!" She replied.

"Bye!" The phone call ended with a click.

Quickly, Judy dressed for work and rushed to the ZPD. She spotted Nick enter and smiled at him, only to frown when he glared at her and walked past.

Her ears drooped as she continued her way to roll call. Nick didn't even try to hide his grudge.

He sat the furthest away as possible on the seat they shared and didn't bother to speak to Judy the entire time they shared their office.

Judy took a couple of shaky breaths before heading out. "Where are you going?" Nick spat. Judy jumped in surprise.