(10) Partners

Judy and Nick were partners in everything. They had been what you could call a special pair but that never really seemed to phase them.

It was like a pact they had made.

So when ever one of them went to do something, the other was surely not far behind, even if that meant Nick tagging along with a very excited Judy for a day of shopping.

Most animals in Zootopia knew the two, they were the pair that had also busted the missing mammals case.

It had become a normal thing to see a fox and a bunny in public together, thankfully for Nick and Judy's case anyways.

But, as well as Nick tagging along to a yoga session for Judy, Judy also had to pitch in on some of the "not to typical police" activities.

Being an ex-con artist, Nick still kept his contacts, it wasn't hard to lose them anyways, like he had told Judy many times, he knew every animal and every animal seemed to know him.

Finally he had gotten Judy to join him on a little "mission". Judy was very uncertain about the activity Nick was requesting they did at first but Nick claimed that they had made a pact so Judy agreed to join.

"Where and what are we-"

"Sh Carrots, here's the deal." Nick interrupted her. Judy gave him a quizzical look, "If we get caught, your deaf and I don't speak English." Nick exclaimed.

Judy's eyes widened. It should be mentioned that Nick's activity that Judy wasn't to pleased about doing was, well, a con artists job.

Nick had argued that Judy needed the experience like he had the experience of a police officer, Judy couldn't argue with that- especially since Nick had pointed out they made a pact.

So that's why at two in the morning, the two friends where meeting Finnick for a day of what Nick called "hustling" and what Judy thought was "stupid".

Finnick had developed a new scheme which involved of course Judy doing some thing she preferred not to do.

At first, Finnick refused to believe Judy was to join he and Nick so it only came as a surprise to see the bunny cop standing next to his friend.

"Well I'll say," Finnick exclaimed, "didn't think you would join us, Nick claimed you would and I bet him ten bucks you wouldn't..." He had explained, paying Nick out the money he owed.

"Well, we are partners and we gotta stick together!" Judy insisted, smashing a fist into her paw. "Even if its partners in crime!" She sighed.

"Well then, Nick, you go over all the deets." Finnick said.

"Deets?" Judy asked.

"Details, Carrots, details." Nick sighed, "alright here's the plan for today- we shall all be going to our favourite place the naturalist club-" Judy groaned in frustration when her friend mentioned the one place she couldn't stand.

"Oh why the nudist resort?!" She exclaimed.

"Hey it's naturalist- they preferred to call it that anyways." Nick argued, Judy raised a brow.

"So the plan is what exactly?" She sighed.

"Well- what we are after is the money right? So our main target are the animals there." Nick began.

"We will end our expedition in Little Rodentia." Finnick cut in.

"Wait why?" Judy asked confused.

"Everything small here is big there... You have much to learn." Finnick nodded.

"This plan has absolute no sense." Judy groaned.

"Alright fine- we can just do another pawpsicle scam." Nick shrugged. "Although I liked where Finnick was going."

"No way am I getting in that elephant costume again! We made a deal Nick!" Finnick argued.

"Okay how about we don't do this scam? Or what ever it is you call it..." Judy exclaimed.

Finnick looked her up and down. "Of course you're gonna back out, your a cop-" Finnick's eyes went wide.

"Perfect."

Judy looked at Nick uncertainly who caught onto what Finnick was saying.

"Hey Carrots- grab your badge and a sewing machine! We have an idea!" Nick called.

Judy frowned. "My police badge?! No way! You grab yours!" She folded her arms.

"Fine, but make Finnick a little police officer costume." Nick waved a paw, rushing to his apartment.

"Finnick, we can't meddle police business into your scams, it's illegal in Zootopia!" She exclaimed.

"That's why we will travel to the outskirts where no one knows the laws." Judy gasped as she dragged the fennec fox to her apartment.

"Fine." She spat. "Where this." She handed over a police uniform costume she once owned and dragged the poor fox back to the truck.

"Oh there you are... Are we ready for this?" Nick asked. Judy rolled her eyes and climbed into the truck with the two of them as they engine started.

"Next stop... The outskirts of Zootopia!" Nick called.

"I just know I'm gonna regret this." She sighed.

You could say she was right. After hustling two tourists to pay a fine for nothing they did and accusing a poor lizard for stealing Finnick's wallet (which they purposefully dropped so that he'd return it) and not to mention the countless mammals that payed a hundred dollar fines for the laws that didn't exist, Judy felt pretty miserable.

Finnick and Nick were counting their "earnings" as an armadillo walked up to them and attempted to attack for them taking his money.

So a foot chase ensued. "I told you guys this was a bad idea!" Judy called as the armadillo thundered behind.

Nick had only shrugged and Finnick had begun to laugh.  This enraged Judy more but did the other two care? Probably not. Well not until they felt her taser for sure.

So the rest of the afternoon was spent running around left,right and centre before they finally shook him of.

It was well into the night when they had returned home, Judy couldn't be more angry or tired.

"Well now that today is out of the way, I'm booking in a nice day of shopping which you will be joining me in Nick." Judy smirked as Nick groaned.

"Good luck with that." Finnick laughed as Judy shook her head.

"You're joining Finnick- that's what happens when you join a pair, you become a trio." Judy smirked as Finnick glared at Nick.

"Never am I gonna go hustle someone with you Nick." Finnick spat.

"Never."