(3) Knock It Down

3rd person P.O.V

Judy sighed contently as the music from her phone blasted into her apartment.

Over the course of a year, Judy found herself moving once more into a larger apartment.

Her first one was cosy but almost to small. The neighbours were loud and she could never have a spare moment to truly relax.

So, like a good friend should, Nick found her a new place which was closer to not only his own home but to the ZPD as well.

Judy admitted it was a nice change, being able to scream at the top of her lungs if she wanted with ought having to worry about waking neighbours up.

Nick would also drop in every once in a while, okay make that every day.

The two would always spend their time finishing paper work for the office then stay up watching movies until Nick would leave for home.

Most animals would point out the obvious fact that it was outstanding the two had gotten along.

Predators and prey had only recently become a normal thing but natural enemies? Not as much.

But still, Nick, being a fox and Judy, being a bunny, set aside those differences and never really bothered to talk about them.

It was only when her small alarm read 1:30 that Judy jumped from her comfortable position on her bed and started to tidy up the house.

She never liked a clutter of mess whenever someone was over, even if that meant Nick who would usually destroy the orderly house within seconds upon arrival.

Judy eventually found her earphones and plugged them into her phone, placing them in her ears and turning the volume down to one decibel.

That alone was loud enough, having a stronger sense in hearing, one decibel was very loud for a young bunny.

It was so loud, she didn't hear her front door knock until her favourite Gazelle song had stopped to change to a new one.

Quickly, the bunny hopped off her bed and bounded to the door, peering through the peep hole to see the familiar face of a fox.

With a click, the door opened and Nick entered the room. "Finally! You know how long I was waiting Carrots?" Nick exaggerated.

"Um two minutes?" Judy guessed, closing the door.

"More like a million minutes!" Nick exclaimed. "How come you didn't answer straight away?"

Judy brought her paper work to the dinner table and began to start as Nick brought his stuff over.

"Nah I couldn't hear ya- I was listening to some music!" Judy exclaimed, producing her phone with its earbuds and placing it on the table.

"Let me guess- Gazelle's latest album?" Nick smirked knowingly.

"What?! It has good songs! Clawhauster even got Cheif Bogo into it!" Judy exclaimed in defence.

"Yeah but if anyone hangs with that cheetah for long enough, they either get a migraine- which I'm surprised the chief doesn't have- or they become like him." Nick replied.