(4) Claw-strophobic

3rd person P.O.V

Every animal has a great weakness. 

Everyone knows that.

It's like how some elephants (although none that Nick or Judy knew) were scared of mice in particular.

A big animal scared of a small critter. It made no sense to anyone but those who were elephants.

And like the elephant, Nick Wilde had a fear of his own. And while stereotypes claim that he is a "Sneaky, sly, stealthy, good-for-nothing fox", deep down, he knew there was some things he couldn't be.

For one, he was sneaky, he used to be a con artist after society dubbed him as the "stereotypical fox".

He was very sly and very stealthy, ask Judy, the only bunny or animal that ever got to know him.

"Good-for-nothing"? Now that stereotype got to him more often than than he had expected.

Not because it was a lie - which- on its own is, but because of the assumptions animals had gathered from that stereotype.

Even Nick had a great fear, much to his displeasure. He didn't want anyone knowing of it, not even Judy for that matter.

A fox having a fear?! He was a PREDATOR. The only thing that was meant to be scared was his PREY.

Judy - for instance.

A bunny her size with no fear- well in Nick's eyes at least.

She was a cop who would rather fight criminal masterminds along side him than farm carrots.

Nick wasn't one to judge her choices however, she broke her stereotype as a "token bunny". Had he broken the stereotype that "foxes have no fears"? The answer was simple: no.

And he felt no need to testify against it. Nick wasn't one for change. He'd rather swallow it up whole- reputation was everything.

He never wanted to let them see that they got the better of him.

And while trying to mask this feeling, Judy was trying to uncover it.

She was a very observative kind of bunny, taking details in and writing down just about anything that may help find the answer, in this case it was her partner Nick.

He would always shrug it off as a "no biggie" or change the subject rather quickly.

Judy wasn't sure what was up but she wanted to find out.

Nick usually opened up to her during times when he was tired, his brain wasn't functioning properly- not that it does all the time- and he was less wary of what he was saying- still, not like he did all the time.

So the simple solution was to go out with him and tire him out, hopefully bringing him back to his apartment just in time to interrogate.

The plan was simple and way to easy for Nick to even notice.

She called her friend up almost immediately. He answered lazily, like he would every weekend.

Judy could only imagine Flash, their sloth friend, handing him the phone.

"Sup Carrots?" His voice called.

"Not much! I was wondering if ya wanna go out for ice cream?" She inquired, hoping that if he stuck to his usual routine-

"I was about to have a nap!" Bingo!