♔.Chapter 17

Kris turned to Baekyun.

"Why would you think I would . . ." he started to say but stopped when he noticed Baekyun was laughing to himself.

"What are you laughing at?" Kris asked.

"Her," Baekhyun answered truthfully as he pointed to where you had been a minute ago.

*Why would he be laughing at her?* Kris wondered. *She's a little weird, but she didn't do anything particularly funny just now.*

"Why's that?" Kris asked Baekhyun.

"I was just thinking about how she wouldn't go down without a fight. You know, if we were to prank her like we did to the creepy housekeeper ahjumma," Baekhyun answered. Kris nodded in agreement.

"I can't believe your plan to prank the ahjumma worked so well!" Baekhyun added with a laugh.

Kris had to smile at this. The red dye had been all his idea. He had seen it on a show before and thought it would be the perfect way to get rid of that cranky old ahjumma.  None of the boys had liked her and since she insisted she would never quit, they needed a plan to get her to quit. The dye was the answer.

"Hana's different though" Baekhyun said with a smirk, "She's got balls hyung!"

"WHAT?!?! BALLS?!?!" Kris yelled.

*Did Baekhyun know something I don't? Was Hana guy?* Kris suddenly felt sick to his stomach.

"Good God Hyung! Not literally!" Baekyun said as he rolled his eyes. "I meant it figuratively, like she's gutsy."  Baekhyun walked over to the dryer, grabbed the towels out of it, and started to fold them.

"If she's a guy then she's the prettiest guy I've ever seen." Baekhyun added.
Kris looked back over at Baekhyun.

*She is pretty I guess,* Kris thought with a smile. *Wait! What? Does Baekhyun think she's pretty too?* Kris narrowed his eyes as he stared at the back of Baekhyun's head. Mental note. Keep track of Baekhyun. Must find out his intentions.

Kris nodded his head to himself and then walked over to help Baekhyun finish folding the towels.

~MEANWHILE~

You took the spare sheets that Kris had passed to you and walked back towards the bedroom D.O. was in. You entered the room and found D.O on his feet, color restored to his face.

"You're looking better," you smiled, "water helped?"  D.O. turned to look at you.

*Keep it together man,* D.O. thought, *Don't look weird in front of her.

"Yes", he answered with a nod. *Score! I didn't stutter in front of her!* D.O. bit his lower lip to keep from smiling.

"That's good then," you answered, "Come help me make these last two beds then."

D.O. walked over and took a pair of the sheets and started to make one of the beds. You made the other and then looked around. Everything looked neat and tidy. You ran your finger over one of the desks.

*Good. No dust.* you thought. You looked down at your watch. *Shoot, only 10 minues left!*

"D.O. I'm just going to check that everything's done. Make sure to be in the living room in 10 minutes when the chairman comes." D.O nodded and you walked out of the room.

You continued down the hall, checking each room as you went. Bedrooms check. All clean. Bathrooms check. Sparkling and fresh. You entered the kitchen and living room area. All the EXO members were waiting in the living room already. Some were sitting on the couch, others on the floor, and a few were standing.

You walked through the kitchen. Looks clean too. Lastly, you did a quick tour of the living room. Clean here too. You turned to the EXO members.

"Well I guess you guys aren't completely useless", you smirked.

"USELESS?!?!" Tao exclaimed. *How dare she call us useless!!*

"I'm just joking Tao!" you laughed, "no really, you all worked hard just now. Great job!" You smiled and gave them two thumbs up.

None of the EXO members knew what to say. *Did she just compliment us?* Suho thought bewildered. *No way! The soap fumes must have gone to my head!*

"And it smells so much better in here too!" you exclaimed, "there was an awfully funky smell before." Suho looked over at you and smiled.

"I think I know what was causing that smell Hana," he said as he walked towards a garbage bag, "let me show you."

"No that's ok . . ." you started to say until you saw a small, brown, furry ball hurling towards you.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"